PDA

View Full Version : Misty Stonehenge

pepsi
26-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I have tried to add this to my paintings album in profile with no joy LOL!
Will try later when new format is settled in eh?
So I thought I would just post it to see if I can put photos on the new system. Hope you like. I do still have to paint too. Just not Fairies, :mf: dont know why :o hehehehe!!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/dossydo/nnnnn011.jpg

Curious Cat
26-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Wow, thats lovely :)

cj :)

Moonbeam Angel
26-03-2010, 06:38 PM
That is lovely, much better looking than I remember the stonehenge from when I visited about 12/13 years ago!!!

mind you I was with my moaning (now ex) husband at the time and he didn't want to be there, something about there being some football match on somewhere:o

Critchley
26-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Lovely, very ethreal . Love to see a few more of your pics.

shpangle
26-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Fantastic and brings back loads of memories!

I proposed to my Angela in the middle of Stonehenge, just the two of us in the middle of the stones at 6.00am. It was gorgeous with the early morning mist, and your picture has captured it very well! We also spent some of our honeymoon there, for the summer solstice but shared the stones with thousands of other people...it was the best party I have been too!

Mick

Moonbeam Angel
26-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Fantastic and brings back loads of memories!

I proposed to my Angela in the middle of Stonehenge, just the two of us in the middle of the stones at 6.00am. It was gorgeous with the early morning mist, and your picture has captured it very well! We also spent some of our honeymoon there, for the summer solstice but shared the stones with thousands of other people...it was the best party I have been too!

Mick

aww how romantic. When I went we weren't allowed anywhere near the stones, there were ropes all around a perimeter. I really wanted to stand in the middle of them!

just sally
27-03-2010, 01:30 AM
that is a beautiful painting Pepsi, I love the mist it makes it all soft and alluring
sally

shpangle
27-03-2010, 07:48 AM
aww how romantic. When I went we weren't allowed anywhere near the stones, there were ropes all around a perimeter. I really wanted to stand in the middle of them!

You can apply for special access which gives you access to the stones before the general public arrive.

Question for Pepsi.....what is the story behind the picture, is it a commission, because the more I see it the more I want it!!!

Mick

pepsi
27-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I have PM'd you Mick ;)

shpangle
30-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Thankyou thankyou thankyou to Rita (Pepsi) for my gorgeous picture of Stonehenge. It just arrived and is even more stunning in the flesh!

I just want to be back there now, although at least with this picture I can pretend to be there! Angela is going to absolutely love it too!!

Mick

pepsi
30-03-2010, 05:57 PM
More than welcome darl.
I think you were meant to have it in some strange way.
I only posted the pic of it because It wouldn't load into my profile album. Thought I would try loading a pic on new system.
You may never have looked in the album to see it.
The magic of the the henge at work ? :mf: weird or what ? LOL

shpangle
31-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I certainly believe in fate but agree there must be some other magic involved here. I think the henge must be calling me back for another much needed visit :D

Mick

shpangle
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
New blog post: Stonehenge and other Megalithic Art
http://shpangle.blogspot.com/2010/04/stonehenge-and-other-megalithic-art.html

With thanks again to Pepsi!

Mick

pepsi
02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Thats a lovely post on your blog Mick. Thank you ever so for the link too.
I have made a comment darl. :D

Critchley
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Thankyou thankyou thankyou to Rita (Pepsi) for my gorgeous picture of Stonehenge. It just arrived and is even more stunning in the flesh!

I just want to be back there now, although at least with this picture I can pretend to be there! Angela is going to absolutely love it too!!

Mick
You lucky ole ting. Where are you going to hang it?

shpangle
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
You lucky ole ting. Where are you going to hang it?

I am so lucky, although I think it was always meant to be mine.

Going to hang it above the telly...give me something lovely to look at when the soaps are on ;)

Mick

just sally
03-04-2010, 01:33 AM
What a wonderfull thread
it does seem Mick as if this painting was meant for you
hope you and Angela enjoy it for many years to come, what a lovely story to pass down the generations with the painting to illustrate the story
Sorry ;) getting a bit carried away there
sally

Fluffy Squirrel
04-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Stunning painting... fantastic work Rita, I have often admired Stonehenge but never visited (yet!) but this painting makes me even more determined to visit one day.

It definitely sounds as though fate played a part in uniting Mick with this wonderful artwork... beautiful piece and an addition to your wonderful, romantic story of Stonehenge. Hope you manage to go back for a visit soon.

Laura xxx

Bushbaby
04-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Pepsi, This picture is beautiful and as said already does put a very romantic slant to this mystical place. I have been to stone-henge many times and again longed to be amongst the stones (not just looking from a far). It does upset me though when they hold a Summer Solstice there and there are revellers climbing on the stones and strewing the place with cans and litter... To me it is a sacred place that should be respected ... people would not do that in church. Rant over lol.

A beautiful painting.... much admiration for your work.

X Lisa

shpangle
05-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Pepsi, This picture is beautiful and as said already does put a very romantic slant to this mystical place. I have been to stone-henge many times and again longed to be amongst the stones (not just looking from a far). It does upset me though when they hold a Summer Solstice there and there are revellers climbing on the stones and strewing the place with cans and litter... To me it is a sacred place that should be respected ... people would not do that in church. Rant over lol.

A beautiful painting.... much admiration for your work.

X Lisa

Completely agree with the climbing on the stones etc, although thankfully it is the minority. Sadly this is the way of the world and happens all over the place; churches are climbed all over on a daily basis and lead ripped from their roof tops. Other places of historical interest (including churches) are left neglected to rot because daft council planning laws prevent investment. Other historical places are ripped up and lost forever to provide us with our shops and housing.

Thankfully though Stonehenge is still there, maintained and is available for all (especially for Summer and Winter Solstices). A few revellers climbing on the stones and litter once a year isn't the main concern, I would be more concerned about a future council authority wanting to stick a road through it, Oh and the effects of our environmental pollution on the stones.

Rant over lol
Mick