PDA

View Full Version : Websites....

icecreamgirl
24-03-2007, 10:58 PM
So i have just ordered my very own Mr Site from play.com (24.99 inc P&P)
I have some time off this week so hopefully i will get stuck into it.
Be prepared for my list of questions...:mf:
The first conundrum is about stock.
I only make one of each item, is it easy to control this on the website, i mean when someone (hopefully) buys the item is there an easy way to remove it automatically?
I have a big party coming up so i can't really put the items i've got now on the website can i? I suppose i just have to make loads of extra stuff specially for the site. This is all confusing me a bit - how do you all keep track, or does the site do it all for you?

Apple Tree Crafts
24-03-2007, 11:07 PM
...my site for me, not the craft fairs.

I might make 15 aprons, but they'll all be the same, but different. Variations on a theme if you like. I thought the best way was to have a few for sale, but also a page to order personalised ones. Perhaps a gardening one, or with a name on it, and I'll put photos of all the aprons I've made on that page, so customers can see just what can be done.

I can do the same with my book bags & laundry bags.

I think I'll run into difficulties with my pictures, which are one-offs though...I need to ponder that a little longer.

Right now, I'm still caught up with the 'about me' blurb....

Jules

the felt fairy
25-03-2007, 12:26 PM
The first conundrum is about stock.
I only make one of each item, is it easy to control this on the website, i mean when someone (hopefully) buys the item is there an easy way to remove it automatically?
I have a big party coming up so i can't really put the items i've got now on the website can i? I suppose i just have to make loads of extra stuff specially for the site. This is all confusing me a bit - how do you all keep track, or does the site do it all for you?

As far as I know there is no way to have items removed when they are sold. I've just had a big order on my (mr) site so I have now got to go through and remove everything thats been sold.

I think the only way to cover it is to have a note on the items that are one off's saying only one available and first come first served etc (but in a nicer way lol).

littlesnuggler
25-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Rather than removing the items immediately when they have sold why not remove the price and where you put the item description put SOLD - THANK YOU!

Then not only are you covered but it makes your sales look really busy and perhaps tempt more buyers.

0103media
25-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Just need to put it in your T&C's and a note *

As long as you refund people fast or offer something similar then your customer will be happy..

Its good to list sold out items on a site as people may contact you and request a similar item...

Good luck