PDA

View Full Version : Coloured Glass

Daesul
20-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I've been trying to find a supplier of coloured glass that I can melt into the bottoms of my pots. With no luck.

It needs to be coloured all the way through, not just on the outside.

Can anyone recommend a supplier?

Aviya Glass
20-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Warmglass (http://www.warmglass.co.uk)

They also do student packs so you can get the glass cheaper by buying random bits (not that the Bullseye is particularly expensive but the packs give you more colours for less money if you need variety
HTH x

C Hupfield Ceramics
21-03-2010, 11:38 AM
my friend works in a pub and saves me all the bright blue and green bottles which I smash up and melt with my ceramics. I've got some different coloured scraps of bullseye glass from a glass maker, its worth asking them if they have any scraps that they throw away.

Daesul
21-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I have some green wine bottles - not too hard to come by - but I've had problems finding any other colours. I bought a couple of coloured glass flasks from a charity shop but they turned out to be clear glass with a colour painted on the surfaces.

I'll have to find myself a friend who works in a pub!

Moonbeam Angel
22-03-2010, 11:18 AM
There is a man in Fingringhoe, Essex (near Colchester) he does stained glass and bull's eye glass and other sorts of glass for fusing. He is VERY cheap too.

PM me if you would like details.

fashionyoung
08-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I found a shop which offered kinds of cheap and charming sunglasses for sale

BeadsbyJules
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I use Tuffnell Glass for the majority of my lampworking glass, Martin, Emma & the team are so helpful & friendly & their glass is gorgeous!!!

Jules x

Moonbeam Angel
09-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Just had a thought when this thread popped up again. As you are in Lowestoft, perhaps Trinity Glass in Norwich may be able to help.

Daesul
09-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I'll look into all of those suggestions. Thank you everyone.

Soapie
09-04-2010, 12:34 PM
The easiest way is probably to contact Pearsons Glass, they supply just about every stained glass worker in the uk. Or Lead and Light they supply the rest.

HF Glass Lady
10-04-2010, 08:04 AM
I have loads of tiny off cuts that I keep but can't really use would you like me to send some so you can experiment?

Digger
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Are there people here from lowestoft who are into glass? Just wondering like. I live in Lowestoft.