PDA

View Full Version : Whats hot and whats not?

EMEvans
19-03-2007, 06:57 PM
As there are so many products out there and so little time (and money) to use them all, i was wondering whats your favourite things at the minute?
I'm using a lot of:

big handmade paper flower die cuts made by various manufacturers
die cuts with a view paper stacks as they have so much choice and great value for money.
I'm also into charms at the moment aswell.

swirlyarts
19-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Having looked at Jules cards I'm getting ideas for using fabrics on cards!! Not pinching your ideas - just using you as inspiration! At the moment I'm using lots of found things on my cards - tends to be pictures cut out of magazines etc that I'm adding bits too.

EMEvans
19-03-2007, 08:19 PM
I've saved the pictures from my ann geddes calendar from last year, they are copywrited so i just use them when a friend has a baby or for a young childs birthday. It saves so much money!

swirlyarts
19-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Thats the one thing you have got to be careful of - copyright. I tend to use the cards I make with images for friends and family too.

Funkyhand
20-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Papers are my thing so I never am without a nice backing paper for my cards but apart from that I am leaning back towards my stamps again and colouring them with H20's. Recently I have been moving away from stamping and using more ready made embellishments but I have to admit I have a love of stamping that I can't leave for too long!!
Anice xx :):)

Seahorse
20-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I loooove charms, won some pirate ships off ebay over the weekend.

I have loads of rubber stamps, keep experimenting but never use them in a finished product!

CleoCrafts
22-03-2007, 02:37 PM
My problem is that i am like a little magpie. I love anything shiny, glittery and funky. I love Bazzill Blossoms, Rhinestones, Beading Wire and Beads!

As for background papers: there is such an amazing selection available now. I love Doodlebug Design and the way that they co-ordinate their embellishments so well.

We also recently discovered a range of cardstock made by a company called 'Paperloft'. It is so bright and colourful, and just gives me so many ideas for cards that it makes my head hurt!

My sister has to pull the reins in on me, otherwise i would spend a fortune.

Tara
www.cleocrafts.co.uk (http://www.cleocrafts.co.uk)