• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • countrygal
    So much more than a moderate crafter
    • Mar 2007

Memory Boxes

After watching Comic Relief I started to think about what, if anything, I could do for charity. I then found that in America they run a 'Memory Box Program'. What this means is that Artists paint Paper Mache Boxes and give them to hospitals who in turn give them to parents who have lost babies and children. I would really love to do this as my Brother & Sister-in-law lost a little boy called Liam and so I know the pain that people go through. Does any one know of where I could get small paper mache boxes from or have any ideas on how to apply to any big companies for sponsership (to pay for them !) I can only really concentrate on my local hospital (which I still have to ask permission from) as each one will take quite a while to paint, and there is only me !!But hopefully in time if I can find other artists, it might grow into something nationwide !! I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Lorraine x
    Last edited by countrygal; 17-03-2007, 10:40 PM.
    Handmade Country Decor & Needful Things
  • michelleC
    100+ crafts club
    • Jan 2007

What a lovely idea.
    All i can really tell you is Hobby Craft and many other craft shops sell the boxes.
    Maybe you could even approach hobby craft to sponser you. Worth a try anyway.
    Good luck with it
    http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

• Apple Tree Crafts
      Mega Crafter
      • Jan 2007

Try...

..... Calico Crafts. They are in Soham, so they will understand the pain of a child's death. If you explain what you are doing, they might give you a discount. It's a very touching idea.

www.calicocrafts.co.uk

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts
      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

• countrygal
        So much more than a moderate crafter
        • Mar 2007

Thanks girls..I will definately try both, I've ordered from calico crafts before so I might be lucky ! I'll keep you all posted on how I'm getting on...long way to go but I'll get there.

Lorraine x
        Handmade Country Decor & Needful Things

Comment

Working...
        X