PDA

View Full Version : craft juice.....what is it!

handmadewithlove
19-02-2010, 06:44 PM
hi

forgive me for being dumb, but what is craft juice?

i'd like to register but cant see anywhere on the site where it exlains what its all about!

thanks

Seahorse
19-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Its a site dedicated to peoples crafts.You add your pic which has the link to your site and you can write a quick descrition too.Its just another way to show your work to the internet using public.
Click on the craftjuice link on the right of this page and go to 'submit craft' and follow the instructions.

ilovebags
21-02-2010, 01:12 PM
i am still really confused by it lol
i have submitted a few things, and a day later they havent been published, have had things i have submitted after been published but not those, i cant find any help or faq's grrrr

If someone can help i would be sooooooo greatful lol

Sarah

greannancrafts
21-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I am glad someone has asked this.

I have often looked at it, and left confused:playball:

Jane

SNOWF1975
21-02-2010, 02:00 PM
all gobildy gook to me im afraid.:confused:

Tip Top
21-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Right - I'll try an explain!!

Its free to join - you just need a user name and password. You can submit items you have blogged by using the long url as displayed in your browser (make sure it is for the actual thing you have blogged and not just your blog!) You can add a photo and a short description. The submit the item.

You need 5 votes for it to be 'published' to the front page (you automatically get 1 vote from yourself as you submit it) And anyone else who likes the look of it can vote.

Plus anyone can click on the link within the top description and get taken directly to either your website or blog.

Really really simple! I've got a fair few items listed on CJ - search for me as Tip Top.

Now go and submit your stuff!!:D

ilovebags
21-02-2010, 07:17 PM
ahhhh thank you soo much for the 5 votes thing, didnt realise that lol

have put a few things up :D

also signed up on twitter too, so spamming everywhere :D

Sarah

foxy-s
21-02-2010, 10:22 PM
How do you vote? Is it done through your own blog or on Craft Juice?

MornieG Jewellery
21-02-2010, 10:34 PM
for the summary. Although I signed up and listed something today I really didn't know what it was supposed to do apart from showcase items as I couldn't see any info either. Glad it's not just me being dim.
If you were the black and white bag ILOVEBAGS I have already voted for you.

ilovebags
22-02-2010, 12:05 AM
hi
Was it the butterfly bag?
if so thats not me its my friend lol

i have put up a denim and pink camo rucksack up :D

Sarah

Tip Top
22-02-2010, 10:51 AM
You need to register on Craft Juice to be able to vote. Once registered you can click on the box to the left of the item that has a number in it. Once you click you have registered a vote for that item and you can't vote again. But then you can vote for everything else!:D

charlieb78
22-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Thank you for explaining this I'd been on and voted for other peoples bits but never quite understood why lol ... so I've now done mine http://www.craftjuice.com/story.php?title=Folksy__Buy_Double_Flower_Headband I'm not proud so please do vote for mine if you like it ?????

Thanks Charlie

MornieG Jewellery
22-02-2010, 09:09 PM
hi
Was it the butterfly bag?
if so thats not me its my friend lol

i have put up a denim and pink camo rucksack up :D

Sarah

Off to find it XX

just sally
23-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Can you only submit if you have a blog or website ?

I registered over a year ago and have voted for things a few times, but Im not sure if i can submit something
thanks

swirlyarts
28-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I have written a tutorial for anyone interested :) You can find it here http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-use-craft-juice-tutorial.html Just Sally - as long as you have an online presence somewhere with pictures (like flickr) then you can show off your items.

sunrise
14-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I have written a tutorial for anyone interested :) You can find it here http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-use-craft-juice-tutorial.html Just Sally - as long as you have an online presence somewhere with pictures (like flickr) then you can show off your items.

excellent tutorial thanks it was really helpful
can you put as many things as you want on craft juice ??

sunrise
14-03-2010, 03:05 PM
well I've listed my husbands card so we'll see what happens, voted for a few things as well
heres the card
http://www.craftjuice.com/story.php?title=Sunrisecards_another_stunning_card _by_Mr_Sunrise
came across a couple of 'adult ' things as well , won't be voting for those !!!
I don't think I've got time now to go to work with all this promoting I have to do
folksy , facebook , blogs , craft juice , website etc etc the list is growing daily

swirlyarts
14-03-2010, 10:34 PM
You can post as many things as you like! :) I post whenever i add something to one of my shops or if it is something that is not being sold I link to it from my blog if I have blogged about it or from Flickr.

MrSwirl
15-03-2010, 03:46 PM
forgive me for being dumb, but what is craft juice?

In simple terms, CraftJuice is a mechanism to encourage to spend more time surfing and less time making.

At least, that's what it seems to do :D

swirlyarts
15-03-2010, 05:23 PM
In simple terms, CraftJuice is a mechanism to encourage to spend more time surfing and less time making.

At least, that's what it seems to do :D

You are a funny man Mr Swirl, a funny man :D

Raffles Bizarre
01-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Just signed up with Craftjuice :) Can't believe I missed this before, a good way to get extra exposure!
I'm on it as Raffles_Bizarre, tried to upload an Aavatar but it seemed to ignore me haha, but anyway we'll see how it goes!

iyobodesign
20-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the really useful tutorial, swirlyarts!
I just joined and uploaded 3 products firts to see how it goes.
Would anyone please vote for me? I'm on with IyoboDesign.
Those who are using it for some time, did you notice a lot of traffic coming from there?
Thanks,
Beata

Beadtopia
20-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I love craftjuice, I stick any new listings on there and blog posts too.

Top Tip : If you want to go and find your own posts later add a tag that is unique to you, I usually put "beadtopia" so that I can "find myself". Otherwise you could be on there for days !

Mushroom
28-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Oh lord, still looks confusing - I have been meaning to join this for months, finally plucked up courage to register and just awaiting my activation email, I have read all the tutorials and still flumoxed, I think I need 'Craftjuice for dummies' writing just for me.

Will try follow instructions as they appear, but not holding my breath I may be back soon with a zillion other queries that hopefully someone who is more used to explaining to a three year old might be able to help with. As for linking the whole thing to my blog?? I dont think so, this is the person who cannot participate in Folksy Friday as doesnt know how to add someones photo to link it to their shop, think I need a lay down - but no, better go back and do some work instead.

Lynda

Jennys_Impressions
28-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for all the helpful hints - I'm just starting out and have noticed that CraftJuice puts stuff out onto twitter when you get 5 votes, so anyone 'following' Craftjuice gets the chance to see loads of photos. It looks like the photos don't have to be off your own website (I haven't got one yet) but the link can be to your Folksy shop if you have one of those.

Hope that makes some sort of sense! I've got as far as a facebook page, and a new twitter account @GiftsByJenny but that's about it so far... I do seem to be spending as much time on the computer as I do actually making things!

Good luck everyone! x

C Hupfield Ceramics
28-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I've always found craft juice a bit confusing too, but this has made it make sense, thank you.

So its a bit like craft gawker? Heres the link in case anyone wants to try it out -> http://craftgawker.com/

It sounds the same sort of thing but your images have to be accepted by craft gawker before they are featured on the site, so your photography has to be really good. I've used it for a few months now, i love it!

Mushroom
28-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Whilst still awaiting email from Craftjuice I tried Craftgawker - managed to work that one out, but apparently 'no longer accepts links from Folksy.com' so struck out on that one then.

Lynda