PDA

View Full Version : for sale or swap section??

flame
11-03-2007, 08:28 PM
hi all

sitting here thinking as I do, enjoying the smell of bacon from the kitchen!!!

I wondered if we would be able to have a for sale section or a swaps section, I have loads of bits and pieces for card making and candle making that I am sure other crafters could make good use of??

Thanks
Flame

twilightsewn
11-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a BF, handy with a power screwdriver I'd swap for some fat quarters of fabric, or even some nice wool ;)

Shana

Peter
11-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I think we've been throwing this idea around over the last couple of months, can't remember where the thread is though - I'll have a look. :)
http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3398&highlight=swop

julz
20-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I like the idea of a sale or swap shop.

I have tons of fabric and stuff that I would happily swap.

Do you think you are going to include one Peter?

Julz:)

swirlyarts
20-06-2007, 04:43 PM
It depends what you mean by a swap. Do you mean swapping supplies etc that you don't need anymore or a proper swap where you are given a limit of say 20 and you have a swap partner. the trouble with both is that it is quite difficult to organise and I'm not sure if people on here would have the time. I'm involved in my first proper swap in July - if it works out then I might consider doing one for the uk but it would be towards the end of the year.

julz
20-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi Swirlyarts

Yes I meant swapping stuff that I dont use anymore for some that I could use.

Sounded easy to me but when I think about it I agree it could be hard to organise.

Oh well ...back to my fabric mountain:D
:jump:

Julz:)

Xanadu86
20-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I go on a mother and baby forum where they have a buy/sell forum.

Its become the most active part of the site, and i think it'd be a great thing to bring here.

Not swapping suppliers, but say someone has some embellishments you could use, and you have some they could use - it could just be an easy straight swap.

Not everyone would be interested, but for those that are i think it'd be great.

beadsbydesign
20-06-2007, 06:08 PM
The mods are currently looking into this and will get back to you!

just_mai
18-08-2007, 11:57 PM
I think it's a great idea

craftyfoxni
19-08-2007, 01:04 AM
good idea i'm in the middle of sorting my stash and might have things to move :playball:

artistsresource
22-08-2007, 12:16 AM
I think a for sale AND a swap section would be great! Swapping is definitlely the way forward...we need to not get too carried away with the buy buy BUY mentality!! So, yes, lets do it! There must be a simple way to swap, say 5, 10, 15 etc swap packages in categories such as paper/card, fabric, wax, glass etc....

Leona

swirlyarts
22-08-2007, 08:55 AM
There is a swap section on flickr if you want to swap supplies. It's here!!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/426287@N21/

Pauline@weddingtreasures
22-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I've got a brown sock with white stripes that I would happily swop for 1000 :mf:

Sorry, could'nt resist it :D

Pauline :)

swirlyarts
22-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I've got a brown sock with white stripes that I would happily swop for 1000 :mf:

Sorry, could'nt resist it :D

Pauline :)

I've got plenty of those too ;)

Glitter Everywhere
22-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I think it is a great idea. I have so many things i have bougt coz they looked nice, got home and realised that i cant use it, so it just sits there looking pretty with nowhere to go.

Kirst
xx

terri59
30-08-2007, 04:41 PM
the idea of selling/swap is brilliant. i've just given up my paper craft business(gonna be a nan for the 1st. time-WOOOPEEE) so have tons of stock to sell, and i'd only be asking trade prices, the price i paid for the stock.. i'll be watching this space..

Enchanted Ceramics
01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes sounds like a plan. I have some spare glazes. Anyone want to buy ?:)

Peter
02-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Yes sounds like a plan. I have some spare glazes. Anyone want to buy ?:)
If you read the thread you'll see it's discussing the possibilities of a sale/ swap section. Not an advertising thread. ;)

0103media
02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Here are the rules...

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3211

If you need to sell something then try ebay or advertising on ukcraftwebsites / craftsforum

toots
24-11-2007, 05:06 PM
There is another site which has a seperate 'swap' shop people list things they have with a price and if anyone is interested they contact the seller direct. You can also advertize things you are looking for. I wanted an out of print book, put an advert on and someone came up with the goods.....I offered to pay for the book but she asked me for a couple of handquilted cushion covers which I was only too pleased to do for her.

If you are a quilter and interested please e mail me or send me a PM and I will give you the details.