PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Packaging - any suggestions?

Katianne
17-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Evening all!

As you may know, I make mosaic mirrors which I post all over the UK. I am trying to source somewhere where I can buy polystyrene sheets / inserts to protect my mirrors but am unsure where to start looking! Can anyone give me any suggestions, that will not break the bank? Many thanks!

wendy
17-02-2010, 08:22 PM
This might not help (and I know my mirrors are smaller than yours) but I wrap them in bubble wrap then put cardboard reinforcements in, then more bubble wrap. Not state of the art, but gets it there safely.

Just a thought: I have had polystyrene sheets as packaging in deliveries/flat packs, etc. Have you tried asking on your local Freegle?

musivarius
17-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Go to somewhere like Travis Perkins or another builders merchants (plenty deal with the public). Polystyrene sheets are used as insulation sheeting so are readily available. It's been a while since I got any but I think it's less than a tenner for an 8' x 4' sheet.

Be warned they only come in the large sheets so take a stanley knife to cut the sheets to fit in your car. You could also ask if they have any broken sheets going cheap. They generally can't use these so you could stock up.