PDA

View Full Version : Polymer Clay Jewellery Courses?

silverjewelleryworkshop
16-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I've been experimenting with different mediums for jewellery and have really got into making polymer clay beads, pendants and brooches using Fimo. I've got a couple of Birdy Heywood's DVD's and have found a lot of info on the net but would really like to attend a course to learn more. Can anyone recommend a good polymer clay jewellery course?

Caroline

LC's Beads
18-01-2010, 08:57 PM
I going here http://corbierescreatives.com/# for some workshops in March. Hopefully will learn some new techniques.

They also run shorter courses including jewellery making.

Birdy
15-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi I am running several jewellery courses this year and am in the process of updating my website. Just Google birdy heywood and it will come up under littlehawksite.

I expect I have met some of you from this forum in person at the Craft Material Shows over the years. So "hi" to those who know me!
As well as jewellery workshops I am running workshops on how to create some fantastic Polymer Clay Dragons. (I love making dragons!)
I have been using Fimo for around 25 years but have recently discovered URO Clay which is made here in the UK and am liking it very much.
Anyone else out there who has tried it?
Great exciting news for me is that I have a book coming out in June on 20 Polymer Clay Bears to make, published by Search Press.
Anyway please take a look at my website and hope to meet some of you at my Polymer Clay Jewellery workshops.
Birdy

SueAnnDunmore
22-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this site but I saw your thread about Uro Polymer Clay and had to chip in . I've been using it, and selling it for some months now, and I like it very much, and so do my customers it seems from the number of emails I get praising it. It seems as good and strong as Fimo, but not so crumbly. Some of the colours are mouthwateringly bright - the purple in particular. The only gripe I have is that there is no translucent as yet, and I do use a lot of translucent to make faux opals etc. I have suggested it to the manufacturers, but they haven't got around to it yet.

Regards

SueAnnDunmore

Birdy
10-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Great to find someone else who likes URO clay. I agree it doesn't crumble like Fimo does when it gets older. I love the colours and have produced a Fairy and a Pixie Project Sheets using URO.

URO mixes well with other clays such as Fimo. I had a meeting with the manufacturers in Devon this year and hopefully we will be seeing a lot more of URO. i did give my opinion on some things that need tweeking such as adding transparent.

I am demonstrating URO at the NEC from 25th to 28th March along with the Fimo. Maybe see you there.
Birdy

gigi1296
14-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Great to find someone else who likes URO clay. I agree it doesn't crumble like Fimo does when it gets older. I love the colours and have produced a Fairy and a Pixie Project Sheets using URO.

URO mixes well with other clays such as Fimo. I had a meeting with the manufacturers in Devon this year and hopefully we will be seeing a lot more of URO. i did give my opinion on some things that need tweeking such as adding transparent.

I am demonstrating URO at the NEC from 25th to 28th March along with the Fimo. Maybe see you there.
Birdy

Hi Birdy are there any courses coming up soon. I want to learn how to work with the uro clay. I think it would be fantastic for the likes of the bride and groom for the top of the wedding cake. I live in Derry / londonderry so I'd need to know a wee bit in advance! Is there certain equipment I'd need to purchase etc...
Gigi1296

Natasha Lou long
14-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Where abouts are these courses? I would like to go to some workshops but cant find any in devon.
thanks

Pauline@weddingtreasures
14-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Have to say I've not heard of URO clay but will take a look online to see what I can find out... might be interesting for me to use for my cake toppers.

Pauline :)

julesie
14-04-2012, 11:55 PM
this Uro clay sounds interesting.... i'm going to have to see what how they mix.... sorry, I digress from the original question! I am going to have Master Classes in the future, but I am busy getting qualifications at college and teaching Metal Clay right now :/

Angie
20-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi.. I run a bead club in essex/suffolk - very close to colchester. We are looking for an instructor to teach polymer bead making.. can anyone help?.. we'll supply the venue. Please contact me via my website http://www.beadsandjewellerysupplies.co.uk/contactus.html

Thanks

Angela