PDA

View Full Version : What Can I Wrap Sweets In?

Lucy's Designs
22-12-2009, 10:36 AM
The Christmas baking starts tomorrow and I'd like to wrap what I make in some clear cellophane (sp?) to make little parcels, but was just wondering if there's special food-safe plastic I need to use or is all plastic wrapping the same no matter what it's used for?

Caroleecrafts
22-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I usually get mine from the cake decorating shop, so know it is food safe, they do lovely decorated cello bags as well. Check the label on any other cellophane.

itsamistry
22-12-2009, 11:06 AM
what about wrapping it in foil first and then putting the film over it? It will make your parcels look like sweeties.

Lucy's Designs
22-12-2009, 11:43 AM
My OH suggested foil but I'm not sure it could make it pretty enough that it wouldn't just look like leftovers!

sparklyshoes
22-12-2009, 11:53 AM
cellophane is fine..you can get it on a roll in hobby craft type shops. Think I saw some in the range too.

Or just boxes in little sweet paper cases, like small cupcake ones.

Lucy's Designs
22-12-2009, 12:01 PM
My thought was to go to Hobbycraft and get some plastic or tissue paper but I wasn't sure if they were food-safe...surely they will be?

sparklyshoes
22-12-2009, 02:14 PM
well I used the stuff from hobby craft and have done for years for my famiy. They aren't dead from fudge yet...tho saying that they wouldn't sue me anyhow... ;)

At a push I've even used florist wrap too...naughty

I think tho unless your selling it, it doesn't matter what you wrap it in. You could always steralise jam jars and pop sweets in those if you are worried about it.

Lucy's Designs
22-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Hobbycraft will come up trumps I'm sure, was at a fair at the weekend and someone was selling hand-made chocolate truffles that were wrapped in tissue, so i'm sure mine will survive the short journey they have to do!

Thanks folks

sparklyshoes
23-12-2009, 10:06 AM
wrap them well then...mine never travel well in the car with me as I get in them and eat them ;) They have to stay in the boot!

Lucy's Designs
23-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm quite the same! Thankfully they'll be in the hampers so I won't be able to get to them, but I didn't happen to make double the amount needed so there's spares...funny how that happens isn't it!