PDA

View Full Version : How do you design your jewellery?

raspberrybloom
11-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering how everyone designs their jewellery.

I just tend to pick up my pilers, look at the beads I have and away I go, making it up us I go.

My sister on the other hand does drawings of what she wants to create.

What do guys do?

Lou

beadsbydesign
11-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm very like you in my approach. I play about and then concentrate hard once a design appears!

With my tiara's, I draw. It would be too costly to play. Some drawings are unfeasable though once it comes to making up and I end up tweaking the designs.

goldy1
11-02-2007, 10:39 PM
It depends on the medium I'm using and the place insperation hits. I draw if i'm going to use sheet metals as this helps on cutting lines . If I'm beaading I just do as it happens in my head. like said befor pick up the pliers and look at the beads. if beadweaving though I doodle the design first specialy if it's letters, nothing like getting half way through a word then finding you haven't made the letters wide enough to make it look right.

Seahorse
12-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I usually have an idea of what I want to make the order the appropriate amount of beads then make it.
Other times Ive bought beads then changed my mind and teamed them with something Ive already got.

leedsfairy
20-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I usually just look at my beads, see what i've got and go from there. usually turns out ok although on occasioan i've got half way through and started again.

Becky
x

Daydream
20-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I sometimes have a hit of inspiration for a specific design but most of the time I play it by ear and also make it up as I go along.

diamond yacht
01-03-2007, 09:20 PM
A lot of my new titanium ring designs are made by mistake!

We get an order for one design and in the process of making it can sometimes end up with 2 or 3 more variations.

Or I may have something in my head and when it transfers to the machine it ends up looking completely different - it's a crazy world :mf:

Francesca
01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Have a look and a play and perhaps make one or two similar before I get what I really wanted in the first place.

Francesca

Pretty things
07-03-2007, 09:59 PM
I buy beads that I like, and then wait for them to tell me what they want to be. Sometimes I'll see a bead in a shop that says 'make me into a necklace!!' but usually I just go a bit silly and buy up everything I like the look of. It does mean that some beads wait a looong time before they make thier minds up about what they would like to be!