PDA

View Full Version : So pleased

PrincessPrudence
03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I've been making organic natural dog biscuits for my dog and my mums dog for a couple of months, and last week I sold some bags of them to some friends. I'm so pleased because several of my friends have told me that their dogs love them, they can't get enough of them. One has asked me for the recipe (which I'm reluctant to give, how do I say no to a friend?) But others are ordering more for Christmas... I couldn't have guessed it would go down so well!

candles by lisa
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Today the neighbours - tomorrow the world!!! :o

Way to go.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

PrincessPrudence
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Today the neighbours - tomorrow the world!!! :o

Way to go.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

I love your optimism... world domination through dog biscuits! Oooh, I've also had a request to try and do cat treats :confused: not sure where to start with that one!

Stampinupgirl
03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
When i make my dog a batch, there is absolutely loads (it makes sense to base the quantities around a whole jar of peanut butter than to waste it!) so i give them out to friends with dogs - and they always go down well!

I too am quite reluctant to give out the recipe, mainly because its a chuck it in and see kind of thing!! But i enjoy baking them and need someone to give the extras to! lol!

Why not start up a blog, add a paypal button for biscuits to be ordered and forward anyone who asks there! They wouldnt go into tesco and ask for their bread recipe, so maybe if you are selling them they wont ask you!

LillyTea
03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I say think of it like a business and sell them the biscuits.

+ you could always say that you don't quite remember the recipe unless you are making them!

craftdancer
05-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I say think of it like a business and sell them the biscuits.

+ you could always say that you don't quite remember the recipe unless you are making them!

I make preserves and on the odd occasion I've been asked for a specific recipe I say I can't remember offhand, but it's not a precision art and there are many recipes on the internet (quite truthfully).

I'm quite happy to tell people the general method (eg chop up the ingredients, chuck them in the pan and leave them to cook for a couple of hours) though.

Linda

PrincessPrudence
07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I don't mind giving the general recipe, and I have done... but then she asked for specifics. I don't really want to give that out. Think I'll just be straight and say I don't want to give over my exact recipe but suggest she check the internet for dog biscuit recipes!

onlyme
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Oooh...you've just given me an idea what I can give to my darling bullie girl for Christmas - she even has her own stocking, lol! Sad, eh? :D

jencel
07-12-2009, 10:53 AM
That sounds reasonable. Really, it's a bit like giving away your livelihood to give away your recipe. Friends maybe don't alweays realise that, but should understand if you explain it to them.

mafric
07-12-2009, 11:03 AM
That sounds fair to me. I make liver cake (yuk) and whilst i have given out the recipe most of them prefer me to make it and buy it with a donation to charity. Dogs love it, weird creatures.