PDA

View Full Version : Warning - EBAY is having MAJOR problems

truddles
22-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that Ebay is having big problems at the moment.

The email system is not working correctly and therefore people are not getting emails to remind them that items are ending, plus people are not able to conatct buyers or sellers.

I have just sold something on Ebay, but because my ebay email isn't working, they are unable to either contact me OR pay me!

Also, the search facility isn't working correctly either. When buyers search for something and type in a keyword, it is either not finding anything or only listing some of what it has found, meaning that sellers are missing out on buyers finding their goods for sale.

Just a warning to those of you who trade on the website.

cupcake
22-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I've had no problems this evening, payments are coming through for auctions that have recently ended. Are you sure it's not just your connection to ebay?

gbell
22-11-2009, 10:30 PM
not had any problems either

Stampinupgirl
22-11-2009, 10:32 PM
no probs here, bought a buy it now, and paid for that alongside 2 auction products, requested an invoice and received that ok too!

nattynetty
22-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Hmmm I've had a few problems with Paypal this evening and I know Paypal & ebay are connected in some way. I've had orders from people paying with Paypal but no emails like usual and my website database hasn't been notified of the payments either (although checking my Paypal account the payments have been received) :confused:

helenvictoria
22-11-2009, 10:44 PM
ah that explains it then! I was trying to buy some beads but the search bar isn't working. I am unable to log in or access my emails. very annoying!

TerriWoah
22-11-2009, 10:49 PM
This would explain why a seller hasnt got back to me over something, I put in a best offer and they accepted but didnt answer my question first! Either that or they're just being ignorant haaaa.

cupcake
22-11-2009, 10:54 PM
This would explain why a seller hasnt got back to me over something, I put in a best offer and they accepted but didnt answer my question first! Either that or they're just being ignorant haaaa.

Lots of sellers don't answer questions, it's very annoying. I always try to get back to people quickly when they ask me things.

TerriWoah
22-11-2009, 10:58 PM
It IS annoying and also when they dont let you know when the item has been posted, I always send a message on the day I sent the item just to let them know to watch out for the postie! It seems ebay is full of ignorant people lately, and some buyers are really bad too! picking fault at TINY things and such :/

shaz
22-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi

I to have been having problems with ebay this weekend and also paypal. I did send email to them but as of date had no reply.

I to thought it was my comp but got my friend to go on it from another location and she had the same problems.

Just have to wait and see I guess

Shaz

truddles
23-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Just had a reply from Ebay saying that they had severe problems on Saturday through to yesterday evening and apologised if it affected business in anyway.

All is up and working fine now and anyone it has affected will have fees reinburshed.

nattynetty
23-11-2009, 02:25 PM
And all my missing emails from Paypal come through earlier today so looks like their problems are sorted too http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif