PDA

View Full Version : help! with public liability insurance

bluemink1
11-11-2009, 06:03 PM
hi, can anyone out there possibily help with where to go to get public liability insurance?
I've done a cuple of craft fairs, but i'm also looking to start market trading and would need it to cover both. Any ideas would be gratefully recieved

many thanks

KMD
11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
I was lost when it comes to insurance too and all the websites I looked at didn't seem to cover but I eventually found National Market Traders Federation (I can't post the link as I don't have high enough status on here) You take out a membership which includes public liability insurance as well as access to other services they provide. They also have exclusive offers for services from other companies. Hope this helps! ps if anyone has insurance from elsewhere, I'd be interested in getting the details for future reference.

AliCat
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I use CMTIA (Combined Market Traders Insurance Association) www.cmtia.co.uk (http://www.cmtia.co.uk) it costs me about 45 a year and is underwritten by Zurich.

Salvage Patsy
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
we have just taken membership with the A-N which includes public and product liability for 28 pounds
there was a post on here about it

Diane44
12-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi I've googled A-N but can't find the company. Do you have any more information?
Thanks
Diane

The Jewellery Project
12-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Diane, the link is here: http://www.a-n.co.uk/air

This is where I got my insurance from also. Membership (28) give 5m cover and includes public liability and product liability.

Mervyn
14-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I use CMTIA (Combined Market Traders Insurance Association) it costs me about 45 a year and is underwritten by Zurich.

Hi all I would 2nd these a great company to deal with, I was sent to them on recomendation too 45.00 a year and it covers you for 5mil and markets and craft fairs.

Sorry I might be a bit late in posting this but anyway.

Regards Mervyn