PDA

View Full Version : mittens on string

H Bee
08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
hey all,

im off to new york in jan and i am after some mittens on string, i quiet like the fingerless style with the tops that button back.

Does any one on here make anything like that??? If you do could you post or PM me your site so i can take a look.

thanks

HappySheep
08-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I usually knit my own gloves and make them fingerless, but was in my local Wyvale garden centre a week or so ago and they had the fingerless gloves with the fold over mitten tops (button fastening to back of glove) for 3.99 and it was a buy one get one free offer - so I did! Not even I can knit them for that price :)

Cheers
Judith

H Bee
08-11-2009, 04:26 PM
i had a look on their website but they dont have them on there, maybe if no one on here can make them ill ask my na lol

ellenwatson
08-11-2009, 10:45 PM
hI
IF YOU WANT TO PM ME WITH DETAILS I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU
eLLEN

beaderselbow
03-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I always ADD a crochet string to my grandchildrens mittens. If you or someone you know can crochet it will only take 15 min to make the string and add them to your mittens

MyTwinTeddy
04-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi. I bought two pairs of these in Wilkinson's for my two daughters (in their twenties), both love em so much I've had to knit matching hats! Can't remember how much they were but they were cheap as chips and much less than I could knit them for.

You could buy a matching ball of yarn and plait six strands together (3 x2) to create the string to join them.

Have a fab time in NY - sooooo jealous :D

MTT

indri
06-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I always ADD a crochet string to my grandchildrens mittens. If you or someone you know can crochet it will only take 15 min to make the string and add them to your mittens

Ooh, good idea, I know someone at work that does crochet and I was thinking my daughter could use something like a string on her mittens so she doesn't throw them over the side of her pram. I would probably wait til next winter at the earliest though as I don't want her having a mischief with the string bit at her age!

beaderselbow
07-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't crochet too long a chain for the mittens just enough to be able to manipulate the mitten onto the hands so no need to worry about what they can do with the chain