PDA

View Full Version : NEC Events

Soapwitch
21-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I've been looking at the trade shows that are held at the NEC and I would love to attend. I am going to the spring fair just to take a look around and see how things are done. I've never done a trade show before or any event of this size.

I guess it's expensive, but is it worth it? Do you take orders on the day? What kind of questions do people ask? I would be really grateful for any info/advice.

Thanks

Leanna

Apple Tree Crafts
21-01-2007, 11:56 AM
........I'd love to know about it too. So, anyone been?

NEC is about 2 hours from me, and I never thought about it! Doh!

I wonder if you can get info packs and where from? I'll look into it....

Jules

:mf: <<<< Isn't that annoying?

Apple Tree Crafts
21-01-2007, 12:52 PM
I've looked at the website for the Spring Fair.....not sure I'm ready for anything like this;

www.springfair.com (http://www.springfair.com)

I think that's for the big kids....gulp.

Still looking into other events there though;

www.NECevents.com (http://www.NECevents.com)

Jules

swirlyarts
21-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Funkyhand is doing it! I'm sure if you ask her she will let you know how she is getting on and what her preparations!

Funkyhand
21-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi
Swirly is right I am exhibiting at the NEC. It's at the Craft, Hobby and Stitch trade only show. This show has about 7000 buyers from retailers over three days attending. I design and produce craft backing papers on CD-rom and also in acid free printed paper packs..I want to get more retailers to stock my products so that why I decided to show at the trade fair. There are other craft fairs held at the NEC during the year that are opportunities to sell your products direct to the general public but the one I am exhibiting at in Feb is for buyers only. It is not a cheap option, I have a very small corner stand 1m x 2m, and with a small table, two chairs and one power socket there isn't much change from 800. On top I have had to have brochures designed and printed, business cards for my partner and a exhibition bannerstand produced. Never mind the travel to Birmingham and the over night accommodation for three nights which has more than doubled the cost of the exhibition stand hire! :o (I am sweating just reading this!!) I have been preparing for this exhibition for a few months and now with four weeks left everything is hotting up. I decided that this was the best option for more exposure for my business and products after much discussion with my business adviser. I will let you all know if I made the right decision when it is all over!! If anyone wants to know anymore info message me and I will be happy to tell you what I know.
Anice xx :):)

Soapwitch
22-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks for all the information. It's such a risk, but it seems like a great way to get my product out there in front of the right people.

I'm going to go to the Spring fair and have a look at the way everyone uses their display space etc. It'll probably just terrify me!!

Best of luck Funkyhand, looking forward to finding out what it's like so keep us posted.

Thanks again