PDA

View Full Version : Which paint will wash

Plum
06-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm decorating some glass jars for sweets for christmas and need to know if there are any glass paints that can be washed, and do they have to be handwashed or can they go in the dishwasher?

mrdavidtodd
06-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Hiya

Im not sure of glass paints. A few years ago i got a few mugs as a christmas gift that i could paint any design on that i could manage :). The mug then went into the microwave for a few minutes to seal the paint somehow. My point is that if you can find out about these 'microwave paint mugs' then perhaps you could be pointed in the right direction for the paint that could be used on glass.

cheers
Dave
WoodaDoodle

claireybear
07-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi

I have got glass paints which can be washed - they are made by pebeo. They do two different ones - solvent based ones which cant be washed and water based ones which you put on a low temperature in the oven and it makes the paint waterproof - you would need to check but i think it is dishwasher proof then.

The ones you bake on are called vitrea 160 or something like that. They come in lovely colours too.

Plum
07-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

HollyMade
10-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I use Marabu's Ceramica paint (don't be put off by the title, it can be used on glass as well as ceramics and porcelain!). You bake it in the oven to seal it so that it's dishwasher proof.

I managed to pick up some pretty large pots of it (50ml) for 99p each at Hobbycraft recently - absolute BARGIN.

Plum
11-11-2009, 08:49 AM
That is a good price - the pebeo is a lot more expensive.

rach
11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
i use marabu solvent based and its wash proof but not dishwasher proof x

Beadservice
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I've painted wine glasses with Pebeo Ceramics and also Pedeo Glass paints.

I put my wine glasses in the dishwasher and have done for 6 years now and they're still as good as new.

Personally I preferred the Pebeo ceramics as it suited by brush style better.

Debbie

Scorch
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Yup, the Pebeo bake-on glass paints work for me...

gizzie
06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi

Can you tell me if anyone uses the fun and fancy marabu paint?

jasonjeremy
12-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Pebeo is definitely more expensive than others but once you use it you will see it pays it off. I personally use it too in my dishwasher and had no problem.

nitikasnv
27-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Hi,

I am suggesting you some tips try this:

Remove as much paint as you can with a scraper or a spoon.

Take a bucket and fill it with warm water. Add either a liquid detergent or a product called Oxi-Clean to the water.

Place towels into the bucket until they are fully soaked.

Put the towels on the areas where the paint is and blot, but do not rub.

Use towels to remove the excess moisture.

Repeat the process until the paint is completely gone.

Thanks