PDA

View Full Version : Heidi plaits

swirlyarts
16-01-2007, 10:58 AM
When are you considered too old to wear Heidi plaits? I used to wear them a lot when I was younger and I've just started doing my hair like that again as it is very practical with children/glue/crafty stuff etc. I'm nearly 29 - is that too old to be wearing plaits? If I wear one plait it makes me look old but I don't want to look daft either - dilema! Can't wait for Peter's input into this!!

Seahorse
16-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Hmm, forgive my bluntness but yep, too old.Not that 28 is old.
I can see its ideal for practical reasons, but then again us crafty types think outside the box so theres no reason not to wear your hair as you wish.

Maybe plait it then pin those plaits round the back of your head so they dont hang.Orplait ribbons into them.

Peter
16-01-2007, 11:38 AM
*Can't wait for Peter's input into this!!*

That's it................when I start to be so predictable, I've got to change tactics! :D I was about to type "I stopped when I was 40" but you beat me to it!!:D

Seahorse
16-01-2007, 11:39 AM
*Can't wait for Peter's input into this!!*

That's it................when I start to be so predictable, I've got to change tactics! :D I was about to type "I stopped when I was 40" but you beat me to it!!:D

Hehe, that was funny!!

Maybe us crafters should all wear our hair in heidi plaits as a show of union.

swirlyarts
16-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Well I thought I'd better beat you to your funny comment Peter!! Didn't get any strange looks when I've been out so thats good! I might try the pinning up idea.

Seahorse
16-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I now have that 80's programme about heidi going round my head, Grandpa in his hut on the hill, wasnt Heidi's friend called Peter?!

swirlyarts
16-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I loved that programme!! I think her friends name was Peter but not sure. As to hairdo's, I'm wearing a pillowcase on my head at the mo because Anya said I needed a day hat!!

Seahorse
16-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Ahhh, could you hire Anya out, she sounds lovely!!
Can yuo ask her what she suggests I should wear on my head as its raining here.

swirlyarts
16-01-2007, 04:42 PM
She suggests the rain hood that comes on your rain coat!! When I suggested a waterproof day hat she laughed at me - what can I say!!

Seahorse
16-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Could you thank Anya for her suggestion and let her know that its a much better suggestion than the waterproof folder I held over my head at lunchtime.