PDA

View Full Version : Taking Photos of Cards

mwldesigns
26-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Not sure if this post belongs in photography or cards but thought I'd try here first.

I am hoping to get my handmade card website up and running soon but I'm struggling with the best way of photographing my cards. I have tried all ways but they just don't look professional.

Any suggestions anyone?

PyroMaynia
26-10-2009, 02:01 PM
When Catherine did cards I found the best way was to ensure they weren't in sellophane wrapping, use your camera on macro setting without a flash in natural light (we're lucky we have a conservatory) and you can get some very good and clear results then. I used to rest the cards on our light box, but as long as you don't have shadows or reflected light on (hence no flash) they come out very clear.

I use the same technique for photos of our pyrography and I'm very happy with those. Have a look at the link below or our album in our profile and you'll see what I mean.

nickie1105
26-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Try using a light tent- they're brill for professional looking images. Do a Google search- I can't post links yet! You could also have a go at making your own or photographing them in a white enamel bath too!

Sarahleigh
26-10-2009, 09:25 PM
lots of natural light & an uncluttered background. Try a mantlepeace mock-up too.

I'd suggest photographung at least one card standing up to put it into context, but then (depending on the style) the rest could be scans.