PDA

View Full Version : cricut machine

minnime
24-10-2009, 11:55 AM
hi

has anyone else got the expressions cricut machine ?

scrappy sal
27-10-2009, 06:25 PM
yes, and its great!

have the design studio software too, and also thinking of getting SCAL as it opens up so much more.
dont think i will bother with the Gyspy when it arrives, as i think the juke box offers enough.

Scrappy sal

www onesuffolk co uk/allstuckup

heavenlygirl
27-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Yes I have one too. Dont know how I managed without it.

minnime
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
hi

what is SCAL ? i have got the design studio as well as 5 other cartridges

Rach

scrappy sal
07-11-2009, 10:54 AM
SCAL is Sure Cuts A Lot - it is software that works like the Cricut design studio, but doesnt need cartridges, just like Plugging in your printer into your computer. It is not supported by Provocraft, but i have finally bought it after umming and arr'ing for some time.

If you google it, the software is available from Craft Edge in USA only as download or disk.

Scrappy Sal
:jippie:

Langara
19-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't have one, have played with my friends a lot and need one, also need the gypsy which she ahs just taken delivery of!

Autumn Faerie
20-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Me too Helen, I borrowed a friends and just love it!

Jan x

CricutMachineFan
04-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Perhaps you should have your own cricut, I believe you won't regret

etvoila
12-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I have one just got it for xmas , also have the design studio, but not sure how that helps really as you have to own the cartridges to use the fonts - well if you've got the cartridges then why not just use the cricut machine.

CarLisaCrafts
12-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I have one just got it for xmas , also have the design studio, but not sure how that helps really as you have to own the cartridges to use the fonts - well if you've got the cartridges then why not just use the cricut machine.

Ah but the design studio is AMAZING.. you can link your words together instead of doing single letters and add other bits too. If you get a duke box you can then mix fonts from more than one cartridge.. Oh there is soooooo much its wonderful I love it :D

etvoila
15-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I think i really need to watch some tutorial or something on it - I love the cricut machine and think this design studio has to do something otherwise they wouldn't of supplied it with the bundle I bought. Just can't see how it brings anything to you other than what you already have on the cartridge that you already own - and how does it know which cartridges you own anyway. Sorry if i sound a bit thick here but it's taken me this long to get used to the expression machine. Don't think I should sart on the Dukebox thing until I have mastered what I have already.

baines
15-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't know whether to go for a cricut or a craft robo. Would the SCAL make the cricut work in the same way as a craft robo?

Bath-Bomb.Com
15-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Can I pick some brains...from all you clever card making peeps....?

I need something to cut labels and tags of 'unusual' shapes and sizes...some just plain circles some a little more intricate....for bath & body product labelling

I know nothing about cutting machines...but I have been told (and from what I've read on the internet) the electronic machines that cut and emboss for card makers might be just the thing...

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice or the cheapest place to buy them?

Woodscantley
16-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Hi there
Don't buy from e-bay store KristySales I did and have a faulty machine. Bought it November 2009, received it January 2010 and it won't turn on. Calls & emails ignored.
Provocraft are not interested as the warranty isn't covered outside country of origin.
So please learn from my experience and make sure you buy in the UK and that you are covered by the warranty.
I am eagerly trying to find somewhere I can purchase one at the moment. I have already bought the gypsy, cartridges and design studio I just need the cutting machine to get me going.
So if anyone can suggest a GOOD RELIABLE BRITISH supplier please let me know

baines
16-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I wish I had bought one from create and craft just before xmas. Now I don't know where I should buy one from.

AustinFlowers
02-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I just got mine from Create & Craft - they had a deal on with 4 cartridges, and able to spread payments too: 280 odd, inc money off for when you're a club member.
(still very much getting used to it though!!!!! - however it is amazing!)