PDA

View Full Version : Hi ya Newbie

ChristaD
23-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello everyone,
I am interested in sewing, and when I feel confidant enough I shall hope to start making things, the main problem at the momment is FABRIC !
I am totally lost on what fabric is sutible for clothing I would love to make my little girls tops, shorts, skirts and such aswell as mine and my fellas aswell, If I manage to master it would like to make bedding curtians and things.
eventually would love to make my own wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses but there is a starting point and I am looking online like crazy at the momment youtube is a great help as I understand better watching then reading instructions :confused:
would love to hear from other people that sew and make some friends :)

thank you Christa x

Madison Mae
23-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Welcome ! I don't sew, but i am trying to learn in anticipation of having to make costumes for school plays, but at the moment sewing on buttons is my limit.
Would love to see some of your creations sometime - post them on here!!
(welcome)(welcome)

ChristaD
23-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Welcome ! I don't sew, but i am trying to learn in anticipation of having to make costumes for school plays, but at the moment sewing on buttons is my limit.
Would love to see some of your creations sometime - post them on here!!
(welcome)(welcome)

Hi ya Madison Mae, well I have learnt how to sew buttons haha my mum will be very impressed.. I think as the credit crunch has happened it has now taught me to not be tight with money but choose the best way to spend it and how far the money will go.. many people throw away clothes that no longer fit things I have learned can be re used and GOKED up as I say lol
but to learn new things is great I also do ditital scrapping and card making want to start making Xmas cards and other card thru the year.
what do you like to make ?? :D

chrissts
14-12-2009, 03:18 PM
its really good to see you here. thanks for sharing this information with us.
:sm:

Critchley
14-12-2009, 03:46 PM
(welcome)Christa. I love messing arround with fabrics too. Look forward to chatting to you.

reebee baby
16-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I love sewing too! Trial and error works for me lol. I'm self-taught so don't know half the technical terms but it's amazing what you learn with a bit of experimentation.

Have fun! It's nice to have people say 'I love your top' etc. and be able to say I made it myself... oooooh or say it's designer one of a kind ;)

Mental Maggot
28-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Hello everyone,
I am interested in sewing, and when I feel confidant enough I shall hope to start making things, the main problem at the momment is FABRIC !
I am totally lost on what fabric is sutible for clothing I would love to make my little girls tops, shorts, skirts and such aswell as mine and my fellas aswell,

I haven't been a member here for very long, and have only just seen this thread.

If you are only just getting in to sewing presumably you are using bought patterns? The back of the envelope will tell you which fabrics are suitable for the design in question. If you are using something like Ottobre or Burda magazines they should have suggestions too. Pattern company websites have the back of pattern envelopes in .pdf so you could have a look for something similar to what you want to do.

AliCat
05-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi Christa

I can't sew for toffee but wanted to say hello and (welcome) to the forum!