PDA

View Full Version : weekend just gone how was it for you

marblemark
19-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi all, i was at the forum in norwich on fr/sat and couldn,t believe how poor sales were.it was a good venue and the organiser was also good and tried hard to please us all.But was it just the people of norwich with short arms and deep pockets or has this been the case nationwide.i was down 72% on my average takings for a 2 day show so have NO wages from this.I'm nervous about going back to this venue for next show there i have booked in 3 weeks time,wondering if either the wrong sort of clientelle frequent this area for my product or if i just need them to start thinking about xmas. Any thoughts on this apprieciated.

Equus Leather
19-10-2009, 01:43 PM
How disappointing. Can I ask what products you sell? What other stalls where there? This time of month is a week or so before payday so people won't be spending....fairs at end/beg of month we tend to do well....

Frustrating though. Our orders have def gone up in line for Christmas though, so I think people are starting to shop.

marblemark
19-10-2009, 01:52 PM
we sell marble products such as pestle & mortars,pastry boards, friut bowls etc and have always done well for example sold nearly 3 times as much the week before in 1 day than 2 days this weekend.

Lilac Moon
19-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I have only done 1 day this weekend and just made a profit, but the poor kid next to me didnt sell a thing.

bodrighy
19-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Sales down here in Cornwall are dismal. I wondered if it was just me but everyone I speak to says the same thing. The only things that seem to be selling are cards and the cheaper end of the jewellery crafts. I think people are just being cautious with their money when buying luxuries which I suppose most crafts are.

Pete

Delta
19-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Was a quiet day at the one a few of us were at yesterday, shame really as there was some lovely stuff there, just weren't the people coming in to appreciate it all. I covered my stall fee and the car park fee, and came away with about 4 left over.

sammixi
19-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Did a local table top sale yesterday, most stalls looked like pure jumble so i stuck out like a sore thumb lol. Really quiet and didn't expect to sell anything but came out with 32 profit and 7 orders so am really chuffed lol.

SalvageTasha
19-10-2009, 09:32 PM
It was pretty quite again thsi weekend but covered costs and made a small profit. Seemed to be a lot more people really looking (rather than a quick glance) though and more trying thigns on so hopefully things will pick up soon.

GlamGlass
19-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I just think it's the same everywhere!! I have decided not to do too many fairs and try to concentrate on local events and parties etc!!

Daesul
19-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I actually had a good weekend. I was at my usual artists' market at Oulton Broad, and although on the whole this whole season hasn't been great, Sunday was pretty good. Made a change as there have been some weeks when I've taken a big fat nothing.

The Soap Fairy
20-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I had an excellent one which is a real change. Did an open house at a friends so no costs at all and took 220 and my friend who does all kinds of sewing took over 700 in sales and orders - we wont be seeing her for a while.

And to top it all - totally uncraft related - my son's football team finally won their first match - only been playing together this season and my son scored 2 goals!

So fab weekend all round.

Donna