PDA

View Full Version : Children!!

swirlyarts
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Just had a very interesting conversation with Anya (3). I was singing along to Ian Drury(?) 'Hit me with your Rhythm Stick' when a little voice piped up 'It's wrong to hit so why is that man singing about hitting people with a stick!!' I managed to cobble together an answer that satisfied her but then I rolled about on the floor (not literally cos my floor needs washing) laughing!
Kids eh??

Seahorse
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Ahhhh, thats good tho that she is conscious of hitting being bad.You have taught her well.
Your like Yoda!

swirlyarts
08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
My new mantra is going to be (imagine a Yoda voice here) 'Hitting bad, Crafts good!'

Seahorse
08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Uggghmm, make things you will, hit Ian Dury you will not.

I have an electronic Yoda, he speaks to me, honest, but he's in a box at the moment.

Funkyhand
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Seahorse you have a Yoda and he speaks to you.... is that literally??
Anice xx :D:D

Seahorse
08-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Seahorse you have a Yoda and he speaks to you.... is that literally??
Anice xx :D:D

He is little and green and say things like 'do or do not, there is no try'.

Apple Tree Crafts
08-01-2007, 06:18 PM
That sounds as annoying as Furbies. One year five of those things arrived in our house at Christmas. I thought they were cute for all of five minutes. Actually thought we'd binned them, til one day I was up in the attic digging through boxes and this voice spoke to me...that was nearly a clean trousers job!

My youngest son is a trip....he comes out with some stuff. We call them Samisms (cos he's a Sam). In the garden last summer, Sam and his pal Dan were playing. Dan wanted to do one thing and Sam another. Sam stuck to his guns and refused (just as well, Dan wanted to fish in our pond...) so Dan threw a wobbly. After about 5 minutes Dan shut up, and through the kitchen window I heard Sam say

" God Dan, you need to kick your ego into touch!'

No idea where an eight year old got that from, we don't speak like that. I was cracked up laughing though.

Jules