• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PamelaR
    Junior crafter
    • Sep 2009

Craft events in Scotland

Hi - I am new here, looking to share info with others in Scotland.
    I am an artist, selling originals at various events, looking for info on any interesting venues and good craft/art shows in Scotland. I have exhibited for a long time with 3d/2d, but they have cut nearly all shows over the past two years, and it's hard to find good quality new ones! Heard some nice things about a group called Craft Fairs Scotland, who are adding new venues all the time, but the big problem is they have no phone number, no address, no names to contact, only an email - which they NEVER seem to answer! They keep sending me details of places, but won't answer any queries about anything, or even reply to emails at all - anyone know how to actually contact them, or has anyone done any of their shows? (I am already booked elsewhere on dates when they have events coming up, or I would of course visit them at a show!) Seems a strange way to run a business with no proper contact! Anyone out there worked with them?
  • Amethystjewellery
    100+ crafts club
    • May 2008

I have done a couple of events with them and they were very well attended. I think that they are well organised too. Don't recall any problems at all. I that if you book one of their events they will get in touch to confirm the booking.
    http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

• PamelaR
      Junior crafter
      • Sep 2009

craft fairs scotland

Hi - thanks for the reply. My problem is I can't get them to reply to just a simple couple of queries, before I fill in and pay for a booking! All I keep asking them is - can I book a double space, not just one table (to fit my display stand), is electricity guaranteed on booking, not as stated on some only for "first come, first served", and can I check if a particular venue is on a ground floor, as my stuff is bulky/heavy, and I do not want to hump it all up and down stairs for a one-day event. I have politely asked them four times, over two months, to please answer my queries before I book a show, they just will not reply! They have, though, added me to their email list, as they keep sending information, but no answers actually to what I want to know! They had a show booked for last weekend which they twice sent me details of, however the booking link didn't open, and three emails asking if it was still on as I wanted to do it, went totally ignored!!
      I have heard of another person who has the same problem, she also heard if you just fill in the booking form you are booked, but surely they can take one minute to answer emailed simple questions! (Still not sure about booking and paying a company who have absolutely no contact details at all, other than email!)

Comment

• Rico121
        100+ crafts club
        • Jun 2008

Hi I'm sorry I'm not from scotland but I just thought I would welcome you to the forum
        Mike

My attempt at something beautiful
        Beads
        Photography
        T-Shirts
        WhatWillHappen

Comment

• PamelaR
          Junior crafter
          • Sep 2009

thanks Mike!

Comment

• KullakitaCards
            500+ Crafters Club
            • Apr 2009

Hi there,

I've done 3 fairs with them, and they've all been ok. The person in charge used to be a member here, but hasn't been on for a couple of years! pm me if you want to know any more.

Emma.
            Paperbuzz
            Adding a little magic to your celebrations

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

• crystalquartz
              Moderate crafter
              • Oct 2008

I have also taken stalls at their fairs and they are well organised. Did not have a problem once they accept you.

Comment

Working...
              X