PDA

View Full Version : What do u all think?

juliesjewellery
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey all....

ive been toying with an odea i have to display my ear rings and necklaces at my next jewellery party.

So start with wire coat hanger, take apart and re arrange like a branch and secure in a flower pot with large stones.... then paper machet (excuse the spellin!) over the wire and then paint brown and there i have a display tree for pennys......:D:D:D

What u all think?

Thanks for your thoughts on this one xx

silvermaid
01-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Sounds great.
I went into a lovely shop in Exeter a while ago and she had all her earrings on real, dry beech leaves - the red variety that was growing outside her shop. They looked really nice.
How about putting them on leaf shape cards and attaching them to your tree? You could even have some on the table beneath like fallen leaves. You would only need a business card piece with 2 opposite corners cut in a curve.

Melanie

juliesjewellery
01-09-2009, 09:20 PM
hey silver maid i like that very much...... nice one!:mf::mf::mf:

matt.chatterley
02-09-2009, 07:52 AM
If you do this, I'd love to see a photo of the finished display!

reebee baby
04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
It sounds really good I love the leaf business card idea. I think that using real branches would take the work out of it for you and finding dead wood is free (as long as it's pretty).
One thought would have to be tough enough to withstand a bump or pesky little hands?

Cuckoos Nest
08-09-2009, 03:36 PM
It sounds a brilliant display idea. If you put copper beech branches in a bucket or vase with a mixture of half water and half glycerine and leave for about a week it will preserve the branches, the leaves won't shrivel up and will last 'as new' for ages.

juliesjewellery
09-09-2009, 10:57 PM
hey thanks for all the comments when i finally decide what im doing will take a pic for u all 2 c if i can work out how to load it on2 a thread!!!!!:pc:

xxxxx

ejralph
10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Fantastic thread with some great ideas. Love the fallen leaves earring cards concept especially!

I agree with Reebeebaby's post that using real twigs would be a heck of a lot easier!

I have seen some fantastic displays done this way where the stems and twigs were sprayed silver and gold.