PDA

View Full Version : had a thought...

SJD
30-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Just had a thought, dont know whether its been done and I've not spotted it, or if its too much to do, I may be way off here...

I know theres a forum members list, but is there a directory of all of the members, say with a description of their craft and a link to their website? thought this would be really useful, esp if it was searchable, so if you were looking for someone that makes something a bit unusual you'd be able to put I dont know, say "beachcombed crafts" into the search box and it would list all the members who make things from beachcombed bits?

It would be quite useful for members to find members that do the same thing as them, or completely different things, and it would be a little bit of publicity for everyone.

What do you think, is this something we have already, or should/could have maybe?

El

Linden Blossom
30-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Nice idea! I'd support it.

Madison Mae
30-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm not sure if something like that exists, but I think it would be a great idea, especially as xmas is not far away and I like to give unusual handmade gifts for presents.

Sea Dog
31-08-2009, 12:24 AM
I think its a great idea. We are all trying to promote our items, websites etc. so why not promote them among ourselves.

fairycakes1972
31-08-2009, 07:37 AM
I think it's a great idea too!!!

Amethystjewellery
31-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I think it is a great idea! I have already started a directory for jewellery designers, bead suppliers and lampworkers (see link below) but a directory of all forum members with links would be helpful - if a bit of a faff to organise!

0103media
31-08-2009, 09:59 AM
The reason for this forum is due to our directory.

Yes we charge to be listed but that is what pays for the servers to run this site.

A lot of members are already listed on the directory...

Also the diretory will match a topic on the forum and list a similar site on the right hand side.

One massive difference with charging is we only have "real" sites that are actively selling and promoting as Free directories are often full of non trusted or dead sites.

:sm:

dolts007
14-09-2009, 10:25 PM
great idea folks, would be more than happy to see who does what