PDA

View Full Version : Photo Jigsaws

dolts007
19-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi all,

Am always thinking of giving customers a bit more choice and lately have been mulling with the idea of turning some of our photos into jigsaws to sell at craft fairs.

A few people have asked us about doing them so thought i'd investigate more.

There are a LOT of well known companies offering their services, snapfish, truprint, prinster to name but a few.

Have any of you done something similar and what were the results like? Is there any I should stay clear of?

I'm not asking for specific supppliers to be divulged but if you were happy or unhappy with any of the high street shops, would be good to get the heads up on their service etc.

Many thanks in advance for your help ;)

lightphase
21-08-2009, 07:04 AM
The ones you mention are all high street retailers so your profit margains are going to be slim unless you charge a hell of a lot, in which case your cutting down your chance of a sale. We tried these and they didnt sell well at all. It is worth looking round though for your prices. With the current economy there are alot of people out there looking for extra cash and you can get these cheap. go on ebay and type photo jigsaws in. you will find some doing them for 3 - 4 quid each

dolts007
21-08-2009, 01:06 PM
hi lightphase and thanks for ur comments. agree with the profit margins or lack of!

hadn't thought of ebay so will check them out

many thanks

rob

lightphase
21-08-2009, 07:46 PM
any photo gift you want look at ebay you will be surprised and not all of it is that bad, some offers are poor though

H Bee
21-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I think it sounds like a good idea.. I don't know if this is possible with photos (I cant see why not) but I like the idea of having a jigsaw photo but also having it as a magnet to stick on the fridge.

We got some from France a few years ago with robots on them and its fun to mix and match them together :D

jencel
22-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Just a thought...would it be possible to customise the jigsaws, and use customers own photos? I've no idea of the costs and practicalities involved, but it could be an area where you can beat the High Street.