PDA

View Full Version : prices you've paid for a stall/stand

handmadeheaven.biz
16-11-2006, 02:03 PM
how much do you pay for a stall? (and how much space did you get?) i should imagine it varies but throw some numbers at me!

beadsbydesign
16-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Farmers market: 4 hours 17.50
craft fair: 20.00
Womens charity event: 15.00
The event I want to do next year (macmillan charity market) 40. + 10%

Open House: Free... just refreshments!

SOAP BOY
17-11-2006, 02:34 PM
20 for one this saturday 6ft table space

70 for 2 day event again with 6ft table space

Ste :)

Fran
17-11-2006, 03:15 PM
how much do you pay for a stall? (and how much space did you get?) i should imagine it varies but throw some numbers at me!

I've paid as little as donation for tumbola and as much as 100 for 10' x 10' space per day. It's all relative to event, place and attending numbers.

Fran

fiona/marple
29-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi we just had our christmas craft fair and charged 35 for 6ft table with a space at the side for a stand or small table reduced to 30 If the stallholder did a demo
Fiona

utopiapoppy
30-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi

I paid 30 for my table at a local fair 3 weeks ago. The table was approx. 2m wide by 1m deep. 2 Chairs were also provided!

Having said that it was a complete waste of my money and time - but that's another story!

Hope this helps

Fiona :)

Apple Tree Crafts
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I've done craft fairs at local schools, who ask nothing more than a small raffle prize. Some of these are well worth doing too!

And regional craft fairs, which also vary according to location & popularity. The last one was 35, but another 5 if you required electricity, crafters who did were not pleased! The table was a wallpaper table which sagged badly in the middle even though my stuff is lightweight.....and the whole fair was a waste of time & money as far as sales go, but a huge learning curve personally.

I'd love to do something like Country Living Magazine's Fairs, but the outlay is too much at the moment, starting at 190 for a 6 by 4ft table for one day. Although it's a very, very good venue - Blenheim.

shaun
12-01-2007, 09:13 PM
the new two day event at Bingley Hall, Stafford -
Stafford Spring Garden Show
space is charged at 15 per square metre. you can bring your own tables or hire from the organisers for 6.00 each ( 6 x 2 sturdy table )
admission is wristbands at 6.00each (prebooked) or 7.50 on the day more details on show website Mod Edit URL Deleted
shaun:)

michelleC
16-01-2007, 05:37 PM
organised a craft fair just before christmas and charged 5.00 per 4ft table plus a raffle prize.... Looking at some of the prices others have paid on here no wonder we could have filled the hall four times over. lol
Still it covered the cost of the hall and that was our objective.

Going to be doing another fair in Stanton by Dale Derbyshire in March (i Hope) that is 15.00 for a 6ft table

Le Rayon de Cartes
16-01-2007, 09:25 PM
aren't i glad were not in england we pay at the most 10 for 6ft and i get space outside my shop each week for the market here free and most markets free for what we want i can't believe how much some of you pay

candles by lisa
20-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Being in Scotland I have done quite a lot of the Highland Games which are very tempting because you can have several thousand through the door. These events tend to be about 50 or there abouts. However I have decided not to do them as what I tended to find was that once the parents had paid a huge entrance fee, bought the kids a burger, paid a fiver to go on the bungee jump thing and then bought a plastic hammer for the kids by the time they eventually got to the craft tent were skint and turned there noses up - proably made a mistake coming into the tent in the first place - they were probably looking for the bar.!!:sm:

Apple Tree Crafts
24-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I used to look at event details, specifically stall prices and think 'How much?!!!'

Now that I'm in the process of organising a two day event I can understand why prices are so high. I had never even thought about what went into organising an event before; the research and endless time spent on the phone or the www.

So far our cheapest quotes for 25 stalls in our 2 day fair in Taunton are

Market stalls 800
Trestle tables 300
Area Charge 750
Security 150
total 2000

I haven't included insurance, publicity, advertising expenses etc......it's just mind blowing!:sm:

Heaven help me if all this goes pear-shaped! Fingers crossed everyone.....

Jules

littlesnuggler
24-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I've got one booked in a village hall just outside Scarborough on Mother's Day. I paid 12 for a 6' table and it's from 11am - 4pm.

colourart
25-02-2007, 01:34 PM
We did a country fair at Burys Edmunds which cost 40 loads of people, but people seemed to be spending on plastic toys for their kids or food. Would rather have been looking round the fair with my children than stuck in the craft tent. waste of time- we'll know for this year.

The best one I have done was a ladies shopping evening in October, 5 + a raffle prize donation. Loads of people there, with a glass of wine - lovely atmosphere and was a sucess.

Amanda

just_mai
05-03-2007, 05:17 AM
I've paid 15 for 12*6 for a one day event 10-5

60 plus 14% which goes to charity for a 12*6 for a three day event.

or i have been give a free table and just paid 10% of what i made on the day,