PDA

View Full Version : gifts for little girls

ellenwatson
26-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi
Just wanted your opinon on my idea. Thought I might make some knitted bags for little girls for christmas, but not sure if they would sell, what do you think about this idea. Thought I might make them in the furry wool and line them,
Ellen

The Soap Fairy
26-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I am sure they would be a great thing - saw some recently at a craft fair that someone had made. They were fab. You will have to do one and post a picture on here.

Donna

KullakitaCards
26-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I think that if you made them nice and girly, then they would probably sell well, but you'd have to watch that your pricing wasn't too high.

Emma.

removed10
26-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Put a card in there with Lucy Locket printed on it, and include a crocheted necklace with a locket??? Or just attach a little locket on the strap?

TizzyDizzy
26-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Put a card in there with Lucy Locket printed on it, and include a crocheted necklace with a locket??? Or just attach a little locket on the strap?

Great idea! Little girls love trinkets and charms - they won't be able to resist :)

SNOWF1975
26-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I think they woudl sell. My daughters friend (age 6) went to a fair recently and bought a knitted bag and its never been off her back! Its one of those cross over the body ones and its knitted in really chunky multi coloured wool. It had a toggle fastening. She just loves it!!!

ellenwatson
29-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks
thank you for all the positive feedback I have received. I will finish the scarves I have been knitting and will trythis out and see what happens. One more question what is the best place to sell them as I do not have a shop or website to display them. had a look at a website but found some very expensive can you help me.
ELLEN :confused:

LadyMacbeth
01-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Ellen

I'm sure they'd be a hit with any little girl; and the idea of putting a locket or something inside them is excellent.

Let me know how you go on.

Rita :)

Extra Special Touch Gifts
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Lovely idea!!

Brenda Mary
01-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I am sure they would sell, my little grand daughter of 6 has a girlie bag she takes everywhere with her, likes to keep her special things in it

ellenwatson
05-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I am unable to upload a photo as site says it is to large tryed flicker & photobucket can someone help as I am going round in circles????

SNOWF1975
05-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I think you need to have over 30 posts to be able to upload photos so you should be able to upload now. I use photobucket.
Or, you can upload photos into your album within the forum.

wendy
06-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Great idea. Girly stuff seems to sell well, and little girls love little bags!!

Where to sell? The more outlets you have, the better. They feed each other, if you see what I mean. Craft fairs (especially in the run-up to xmas).

You can sell from a blog, which is free, if you put a paypal button on it (easy to do) and all you pay is the commission to paypal. Don't forget to set a postage rate on paypal.

You can also sell from a site like etsy, misi, etc.

Are there any small shops near you which may take some off you?

School fairs may be a good one for you. Primary schools all have Christmas fairs, and may let you have a table for a percentage of takings, or a small fee.

And don't forget to post a pic on here. We'd all love to see it, and someone off here may even want to buy one!!

Good luck!! :)

indigo
06-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Ellen,i knitted some girls bags last year and only got 2 each for them,how much do you sell your scarves for ,hope you dont mind me asking .i find people want them for nothing ,

ellenwatson
15-09-2009, 09:42 AM
At last I have managed to upload a photo of my bags for little girls also ideal for a flower girl

I thought they may sell for 7 each or am I being optimistic

wharfedalewoolworks
17-09-2009, 10:14 AM
They're lovely, I know my neice would love one. As regards how much you could sell them for, this is something I always find difficult. It tends to depend on your target market. Car boots and school craft fairs people don't want to pay very much,.but get them on a nice handcrafted site like Folksy/Coriandr/Misi and you should be able to sell them for more.

ellenwatson
17-09-2009, 02:31 PM
hi KIRSTY
thanks for your suggestion I might go and register on folksy and see where it takes me. If you would like one I would be willing to take 5 FROM CRAFT FORUM MEMBERS FOR THEM. jUST LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

eLLEN

ellenwatson
21-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi Folks
Just to let you know, have joined folksy.com
my site is www.ellensknitwear.folksy.com (http://www.ellensknitwear.folksy.com)
hope it goes okay for my knitting
Ellen

claireceramic
21-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Great little bags! I'm sure you will do well, I make felted bags and the smallest ones are often bought for little girls which surprised me at first because at 12-14 I would think twice about giving it to a 6 year old:)
I've checked out your folksy shop- great pics! I've added you to my fav shops list too :D

wharfedalewoolworks
21-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi Ellen,

Glad to see you've taken the plunge and opened a Folksy shop. I've added you to my favourites too. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums there :)

ellenwatson
22-09-2009, 03:35 PM
thanks for the confidence boost was not sure about the site but your comments making me feel better. Will perhaps list some other items I have been thinking about. What do you think about little personlised jumpers with their names on them.http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/images/icons/icon5.gif
Ellen

ellenwatson
06-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi
have put some little baby bonnets on folksy appreciated your comments
Ellen

wharfedalewoolworks
06-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Ellen,

The bonnets are really pretty but I don't think you're charging enough for them or for the jumpers either.

fleursmummy
13-11-2009, 11:17 AM
perhaps you could knit plan bags in girly colours and let the buyer choose mix and match felt or knitted corsage to add to the bag - for an all in 1 price ?