PDA

View Full Version : Public Liability Insurance

Extra Special Touch Gifts
20-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi,

I have only been trading a couple of months... and thought I should get some insurance sorted.

I looked at some of the links on here.....

and I also checked with my home insurance supplier... Directline

I got a great deal!!!

Only 52.50 for the year... that includes public liability and insurance of my 2k embroidery machine at home and when we take it to shows!

Thought I should let everyone know.... apparently Directline have only just started Business Insurance....

Might be worth a phone call!

:)

jencel
20-07-2009, 06:59 PM
That does sound a good deal.

favour's'r'us
19-11-2009, 11:51 PM
thank's for the information going to ring them tommorow, as we need it for our new chocolate bussiness. any other company's that do a good deal please let me know thank you.

fruitiloopi
19-11-2009, 11:58 PM
The Artists Network has free PLI (public liabilty insurance when you sign up - I think its about 25 for a year). You have to be creating/making your own things to register. I make fused glass designs so i was fine. Check out www.a-n.co.uk (http://www.a-n.co.uk)

gimcrackery
04-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Umm just tried Direct Line and jewellery is on their declined list - they've said they'll cover other crafts but not jewellery! So back to google for more searching !!

Extra Special Touch Gifts
04-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh dear... thats strange?!

splatcat
09-12-2009, 09:20 PM
We do ours (PL, Stock, Van) through the Market Traders Fed... don't get put off by the name, a lot of Craft and Festival people use them..... I think there is a company call George Imber which spe******es in Craft Insurance as well

MrSwirl
09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
We do ours (PL, Stock, Van) through the Market Traders Fed... don't get put off by the name, a lot of Craft and Festival people use them..... I think there is a company call George Imber which spe******es in Craft Insurance as well

We use the Market Traders Federation for the Swirly side of the business.