PDA

View Full Version : name help again ~(sorry!)

TerriWoah
08-07-2009, 01:17 AM
hello! not long ago I settled on the name 'momo bijou' but after telling people this trading name I always get the response ''eh?!''''what?!'' and so on... Bijou doesnt sound as catchy when spoken as written I have found!!
So I'm thinking of changing it...
something catchy and quirky...
I've had the e-mail address ''mushypeapie'' for a while... people seem to remember that and a fellow crafter said i could use it...
I also use the phrase ''woah! nelly!'' alot... so was thinking maybe this or
''Woah Terri! Designs''
I really dont know, I'm SO indecisive ARGH!

So to re-iterate (and possible re-irritate) here are the options...

''Mushy Pea Pie''
''Woah! Nelly!''
''Woah Terri! Designs''
or stick to ''momo-bijou''?!>!>!

was perhaps thinking a main name with a number of sections reflecting my 'collections' with diff names, like if the whole business thing was called Woah Terri! Designs, then a section with the momo-bijou collection which would be my bird pendants and hearts etc... then mushy pea pie could be the fimo things that are more for younger people....

!!!

Bath-Bomb.Com
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Hi Terri,

I wonder if you're having this re-think just because a few people have made comments?

As I understand it the name you chose means something like Bird Crafts (very loosely interpreted) - which is perfect for your pieces IMHO.

It's a pretty name and it is memorable and unusual. But I think you will always get people who make comments or are easily confused :)

My trading name is Estheticals - I found it after days of googling and trying to come up with something that conveyed a sense of beauty/vaguely scientific/skincare and wanted to encompass all of that in my name - it's the bane of my life, people spell it wrongly, pronounce it wrongly and don't understand what it means (it's actually a made up word)...but, people do imply certain things from it - such as someone wrote to me years ago and said they'd chosen my skincare because it is ethical - which they'd assumed entirely from the name. My friend calls my business T*sticals...my husband calls me Judicals...so something has stuck :mf:

There are probably lots of names of successful businesses around that we think "How on earth did they come up with that!" - Lush's make up line is called Be Never too Busy to be Beautiful...good lord, who came up with that? And what about BIBA in the 60's - I bet people thought that was weird too (it was founder Barbara H's nickname)...and what does B&Q convey about their business...nothing!

I'd stick with Momo-Bijou and ignore the few people who comment on it.

Jude :)

tipsylipsy
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM
IMO it would be a mistake to give different names to each section of your business, people like me are easily confused. I like your company name, be brave stick with it

claireceramic
08-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I like your present name too!
It reads well and sounds good when spoken. I would keep away from over complicating things as well- if you want folk to remember your name and come back then 1 name is probably best, I would think it would help with online searches as well if you kept it simple.
I use createdandfelted everywhere apart from my face book fanpage which is Podbags I did this because the fan page is a "fun" page wich has cute pics of Podbags having adventures it's for promotion and awareness (hopefully sales) I want to post often to it without boring fans with appeals to buy!
hope my ideas help and don't confuse!

Quinn
08-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi Terri,

I'm of the same opinion as everyone else, I think your present name is lovely, unique and quite glamorous, probably just how you would hope people will feel about your jewellery.

LOL
Lisa

Emmalyne
08-07-2009, 10:05 AM
hiya terri,
i also agree with the othersm keep your name, its original and catchy and people will get used to it :D
you can search for days and settle on something else and some people will still make comments, go with your instincts;)

TerriWoah
08-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Ah ok! thank you for the responses, I'm gonna stick with it then! the decider was that I found a font to download called 'monbijoux' and its the exact font i've been looking for!! (see avatar!) I think it suits the name well!