PDA

View Full Version : coloured self-adhesive materials/fabrics

flagman
24-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi. Im looking for some materials of a variety of colours that could be cut out and used to make details on flags. Im not particularly skilled in hemming and sewing on items and am wondering if there was some kind of material (even pvc or some kind of flexible thin plastic even) that could be cut out and ironed on to the base material of the flags.

Some of the details on the flags would be quite large so would be looking at something you could buy in atleast 0.5m x 1m in size.

Any help would be much appreciated.

swirlyarts
24-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I know you can but some stuff for hemming trousers etc without sewing - I don't know if this is what you are looking for though. When I last looked for some there was some in Woolworths - the pound shop might be worth a look too.
Hope this helps
Lynsey

flagman
25-10-2006, 06:19 PM
no, im afraid im not after 'wonderweb'. I would still need to hem the material and then stick that onto the flag (with the wonderweb).
Im after materials that do not need hemming (dont fray) and which have an adhesive backing - possibly that sticks when applying heat and comes in a variety of colours/sizes.

swirlyarts
25-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Ah - sorry I can't help you then! Have you tried a google search for self adhesive fabric - it might bring something up.