PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

FaerieRealmDoors
18-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi all, I am new to forums, crafting and website making so I am here to find out if I'm on the right track or if I should give up now!!!!

I've got a thing about faeries and have wanted a faerie door for ages but could never find one that was just right for me, so a few weeks ago i decided to make one myself using salt dough.

However, I made too much dough and having read that it needs to be used that day I made 10 doors. At a big family/ friends get together I distributed the doors as gifts and was surprised at how many non faerie folk (you cant get more straightlaced than my dad!) liked these doors, and several even requested specific designs.

Since then I have made over 70 doors (including 10 commisioned by a local shop owner who saw the door my son gave to his girlfriend).

I have since moved on to using airdrying clay (the house was permanantly hot from the oven and I dread to think what my electric bill will be!) but I still have about 30 doors left so I have set up a website to try to sell them but as I said i'm pretty new at all this so would welcome some feedback.

My website is faerierealmdoors .moonfruit .com

many thanks
x x x

swirlyarts
19-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I love the idea of fairy doors but have never seen any - I saw something on tv a while ago about them. I don't suppose there is much call for them in Burnley!!

Funkyhand
19-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm like Swirlyarts I don't know alot about fairy doors but it sounds very interesting. Good luck to you with your crafting, it sounds like you have got off to a great start.
Anice x

FaerieRealmDoors
19-10-2006, 02:07 PM
many thanks for the warm welcomes
x x x

Nicole
11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
wow u go for it!!!!!!!!!!:mf: u know what though u can still salt dough a week later i have done so and its been ok to use :D are u still selling your work? am into dough crafts aswell:p

candles by lisa
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi & Welcome,

I have head of fairy doors before but it was someone up here in Scotland I think that I heard sold them. Don't know if that's your or not but the idea is lovely!!.

Lisa

:)

EMEvans
12-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Check the date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indri
12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
a little while ago then.... so some late welcomes for the fairy doors!

candles by lisa
12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Very late welcome - no wonder I had heard of fairy doors before!!

;)

EMEvans
12-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I've been caught out a few times so i always check the date now.

Katianne
12-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi and welcome, sorry I'm late in saying hi!!!

Buttonberry
13-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi & Welcome :) Faerie doors! love it... my bf's mum totally believes and loves them... she has a little 'stone-esque' faerie door attached to a tree stump in her garden and everyone comments! Would the ones you make be ok for the garden?

Nicole
21-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I Will do that next time :pc:

kimt
21-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Hello all the way from Australia, excuse me for my ignorance but what are fairy doors. I have never heard of it. I tried to have a look at your website but it would not work for me. It sounds interesting. Can someone explain to me what it is. thanks from kimt

littlesnuggler
22-04-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.mumszone.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/welcome1.gif

Hi, love your fairy doors. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

debpayne
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I didn't know about Fairy doors until my sister bought my mum one last year and I had a go at making them in salt dough. I tried to make one's that actually opened but wasn;t very successful, seeing this thread has made me think about trying again as everybody loved them..

Deb

artistsresource
13-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello!

Wow, faery doors - beautiful idea! I've never seen them before! I reccommend using air drying clay - I use bags of the Newclay stuff - its fantastic. Alternatively you could make them out of wood....

Theres some info on my website about various materials, if your interested!

lots of faery love!

Leona