PDA

View Full Version : It all depends on how you say it!

Aviya Glass
11-06-2009, 10:19 AM
We are having a dinner party tomorrow night…….
My hubby asked what I am planning, I usually just say ‘Food’ as I like to surprise so I said

The menu is soup, chicken & veg, dessert, tea/coffee
Sounds like a school dinner - Boring huh!
He knows I love cooking so he wasn’t convinced but here is the menu all dressed up……….

Homemade butternut soup topped with crème fraiche and chives

Grilled chicken in orange juice with roast potatoes, honey glazed carrots, garlic mushrooms and peas

Meringues with strawberry yoghurt, fresh strawberries topped with vanilla sugar and grated chocolate

10 types of tea and 4 varieties of coffee on offer.

Of course lashings of wine, good conversation and 2 scatty cats for entertainment but that goes without saying :D:D:D

Does that make it sound more interesting?

greannancrafts
11-06-2009, 10:25 AM
How about a little low key background music?

What time do you want us round??

Jane

sparkysdad
11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Homemade butternut soup topped with crème fraiche and chives

Grilled chicken in orange juice with roast potatoes, honey glazed carrots, garlic mushrooms and peas

Meringues with strawberry yoghurt, fresh strawberries topped with vanilla sugar and grated chocolate

What makes it sound even more interesting is that YOU will be cocoking it (instead of me!).. I like cooking, but it is always a great treat to have someone else turn out a nice meal!

Sadly I will be kipping tomorrow night, in preparation for a long drive to France.. or I would gatecrash!! he ehheeheheheh!

Madly Creating
11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I like the surprise of the 'school dinner' menu myself ;) I'm not a fan of pretentious-sounding recipe descriptions!

Fluffy Squirrel
11-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Your food sounds delicious... can we all join you?

Though the 'school dinner menu' sounds intriguing!!

MuranoSilver
11-06-2009, 12:50 PM
School dinner & not a spotty sponge in sight ;)

jencel
11-06-2009, 01:38 PM
It sounds delicious. Not sure you should have have told us, though, it looks like we'll all be turning up. :)

boden girl
11-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Oohh yum. What time should we get there? ;)

craftdancer
11-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I'll be at the door with the rest of them - I don't mind doing a bit of washing up!

Linda

Aviya Glass
11-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Of course you are all welcome! Please be here for 8pm or else the soup will get cold! :D:D
Nut and wheat allergies have been catered for! Chicken is from responsibly farmed sources, veggies, spuds and strawbs from UK, Devon clotted cream yoghurt...... have I covered all the 'PC' bases? Probably not! ;) Although I had to go further afield for wine as I don't even know if there is such a thing as British wine?

Thanks for the comments - I was aiming for 'oooh that sounds delish!' rather than pretentious (ouch) sounding morsels that wont fill a fly. :D ;)

indri
11-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Theres the 3 choirs vineyard in England http://www.three-choirs-vineyards.co.uk/
and the cwm deri vineyard in Wales http://www.cwm-deri.com/ both produce nice yummy wines..... so you can get them next time you have a dinner party!

Do you cater for not quite 3 week old children?

Aviya Glass
11-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Theres the 3 choirs vineyard in England http://www.three-choirs-vineyards.co.uk/
and the cwm deri vineyard in Wales http://www.cwm-deri.com/ both produce nice yummy wines..... so you can get them next time you have a dinner party!

Do you cater for not quite 3 week old children?

I didn't know that - will have to try them (any excuse to try some wine) as for catering for 3 week old babies? Yes of course - solved by inviting their mum who provides exactly as nature intended :D:D

Meljov5
11-06-2009, 09:50 PM
making me hungry!! packing stuff for weekend away in devon, got to work all day tomorrow and have two boys to sort out so have had a few biscuits only this evening as no time to cook properly. Only logged on here very quickly to catch up but must really get on with it I suppose!!!

Alice21
12-06-2009, 07:49 AM
It does sound delish!

I love butternut soup, chicken, garlic mushrooms and as for the strawbs with cream and chocolate thats not pretentious thats HEAVEN

bynicki
12-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Yuuuuuuuummmmmmeeee...
lets see, if I get in the car now, I can be there in..... :mf:!!!

Hope you have a great night. xx