PDA

View Full Version : Hello, hello

jenig12
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi there
Just joined today. My main interest is jewellery making but I use other techniques in my jewellery like crochet and knitting, as well as more run of the mill stuff like mother's bracelets. I make one off pieces so don't have a website, just record what i make on a blog so that I can remember. I also have had to name my pieces, which sounds posh, but its better for customers to ask can I make them Autumn instead of bracelet posted on the 22nd April etc.
I also like embroidery, rug making and have dabbled in glass painting, but primarily I am a beadaholic. when, if, i get to 25 posts I will show some photo's. My most recent is a Rose quartz flower bracelet with awareness ribbon that will be raffled locally in aid of breast cancer awareness month.
Cheers
Jen

Seahorse
03-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello and welcome, you sound like a busy bee.
I like the idea of naming pieces of work, you can make the names as dramatic or daft as yuo like, its a good way to remember which is which.

Funkyhand
05-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Hello Jen
Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing some of your creations. I have two websites, one for my hand made cards and one for my backing paper designs on CD Rom.. I know what you mean about giving items names, I always give my cards names but after over 100 ..it gets harder to think of something that you haven't already thought of! My CD's are named too because I think it make them more fun.. the first one is 'The Funky One' my current Christmas themed one is 'Yule Be Funky' and the one I am working on now is provisionally titled, 'It's Funky Two' ..don't know what I can call number three! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Anyway I've talked too much now..enjoy your time here
Anice x
:):)

0103media
05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I am a beadaholic. when, if, i get to 25 posts I will show some photo's.

25 posts easy.. your already on 5 :D

A big welcome to the forums :D

dodee
13-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi there, I have joined forum today. New to the internet but not new to crafting. I am "flirting" with polymer clay as a means of both jewellery and card toppers .

I note your have done some crochet. Have you every tried bead crochet?

:p

storm35
14-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Hello Jen, nice to meet you my dear.
Chris x