PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules

Cuckoos Nest
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I would love to read the forum rules,but I can't find them. Where are they please?

Ceinwen Fews
07-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I've been a member for couple of weeks now and still unsure how i can get my picture of my posts, my website etc - help us please

greannancrafts
07-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I would love to read the forum rules,but I can't find them. Where are they please?

Here they are

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3211

Jane

greannancrafts
07-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I've been a member for couple of weeks now and still unsure how i can get my picture of my posts, my website etc - help us please

I still haven't managed photos, but you can add your site to your signature.
Go to user CP, top left on blue bar - edit signature.
Give it a go

Jane

Cuckoos Nest
07-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks Jane. Surely they should be easier to find for new people to the forum but thank you for pointing us in the right direction.
Kate

woodtattoos
07-06-2009, 11:26 AM
They are near the top of the homepage in a section titled "Forum Rules". I think that's probably the most obvious place that MrM could position them as they aren't hidden away in a section with a different title etc.

All the best,

Si.

Andrew_Berry
17-06-2009, 10:39 PM
It would be nice to be able to post URLs before we get to 25 posts.

nattynetty
17-06-2009, 10:58 PM
It would be nice to be able to post URLs before we get to 25 posts.

Admin had to introduce the 25 post rule to keep the spam to a bare minimum. As you can imagine, with a forum this popular that shows up so well in google it's a bit of a spammer magnet so the rule deters a lot of them - if they can't post links to their dodgy 'drug' stores and fake designer goods they give up....and us mods can just about cope with those that still persist to spam us.

As you've just realised and many of the members on here will tell you - it doesn't take long to clock up those 25 posts if you just get stuck in :)

Hope that explains it :)

Critchley
18-09-2009, 01:05 PM
When I was a newby (that seems so long ago now) I found the best way I could get my head round the forum was to spend time reading all the threads and posts and looking into individuals User CP for their particular interests and I soon got familiar with most of it. To be honest, I am not particularly computer litereate so have settled now into a comfy rut.