PDA

View Full Version : ANother newbie

moog
24-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi

I'm new and found this by chance really. I ahev been into arts and crafts all my life, was doing a Masters in Media and photography a couple of years ago when I got ill and as a result had to suspend my studies. I spent a year just lying in bed feeling depressed, I can't really go out or even walk, when in the run up to my weddign I decided I'd have a go at making my owntiara without instructions (I tend to pick things up pretty easily) and it looked fantastic. Since then I have gone on, adding nw strings to my bow and now handmake everything from hairpieces and jewellery to glass art and knitting and I have to say it is the only thing which keeps me sane; I am now looking at starting my own online shop with the help of my husband and mother.

That's it really, me in a nutsell, lookign forward to talking to everyone

Moog:)

beadsbydesign
24-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi Moog
How wonderful to be able to make your own tiara.
I wans't into the beads when I got married. I wish I had been because i'd have had an awful lot of fun. I made my own shoes though and covered them in pearls. I also made the wedding favours and table decs, but a tiara with all that crystal that would have beeen fab!!
I can look forward to my own daughters wedding... she's only 6 now so I've plenty of years to try designs out on other peoples wedding first!!

Funkyhand
25-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forum Moog
I came to crafting in the same sort of way..I was ill (I have MS) and couldn't work in my normal management job anymore (story is much longer and more boring than that, but in a nutshell!) so I started card making to keep my spirits up whilst I got over my relapse..who knew that it would bring me to a new career.
Looking forward to getting to know you. :)
Anice x

0103media
25-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the forums :D

Seahorse
25-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Hello to you.