PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else blog?

Funkyhand
16-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone
I have a blog attached to my websites its called 'Funkyhand Thoughts' and I am amazed at how many people look at it and then come back each day to look again. I feel a pressure now to add new posts regularly and them to be worthwhile rather than me just whittering!!
Do any of you have blogs?
Anice x

Funkyhand
18-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Obviously not!!! :):)

0103media
18-09-2006, 10:30 AM
I blog..

I have about 4 blog now.. And the main to I blog on avg 1 blog a day..

The traffic is always amazing..

I started a new one some 3 weeks ago and already had over 6,000 visitors :D

Had 3,000 in one day.. :D

Does it make money.. nop not yet and will it make money.. umm unlikely unless it gets pretty big..

Good luck :D

swirlyarts
21-09-2006, 12:27 PM
My husband has a blog on his website and it is mainly work stuff that he puts on there but he said that he is amazed at how many people look at it. He goes through stages where he thinks up loads of things to put on there but he staggers it so that he has roughly two a week going up there. If you do start putting one up there every day then people may come to expect that - depends if you can be bothered!! I do like reading blogs though - probably because I am nosy!! I'll be off to have a look at yours later!

Funkyhand
21-09-2006, 05:36 PM
I know what you mean about liking to read blogs. I love it..I think it is because you get to see a little bit of other people lives. Even if they are not that interesting!! :)
Anice x

jenig12
03-10-2006, 11:40 AM
I blog too but so far have kept it private. So I suppose no one knows about it except by accident or if I tell them
Jen

DivaP
08-10-2006, 02:55 PM
I've been blogging for over 4 years now, but only started my Craft Blog this year.

I spend quite a lot of time reading other people's blogs. I guess I'm just nosey :D

handmadeheaven.biz
09-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I have a blog on my site. I do have a news page but only the key things go there. The blog contains more day-to-day stuff and thoughts I have. I was going to do it daily but that soon died a death!! my blog's @ handmadeheaven.biz/page27.htm

alicub
22-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I have just started blogging since I opened my shop on etsy.com to help promote it. As, I am still finding my way around blogging I have kept quiet about it!! Which defeats the object of having it in the first place...:confused:

Only myself and one random view from Germany has visited it.....

If you want to have a peak its alicubcards.bloggerspot.com

I'm off to try and locate all yours now :)

craftfairy
23-10-2006, 09:23 PM
At last, I've found other people who have set up craft blogs. I started mine last week and I would love to link to similar sites. I put cardmaking instructions on my blog as well as thoughts.

Please, please, please come along and have a look. Link in and add comments.
I can't submit a url but put www before the following

blog.craftfairy.co.uk

Yvonne

Sparklez
24-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I don't know if I'm too busy or lazy to blog. I never have enough time to do all the things I want to do, without taking time out to write about my day/week.

Also I can't imagine who would be interested in reading about me.

Thanks
Carol

Funkyhand
24-10-2006, 08:04 AM
You would be suprised Sparklez people are very nosey and I would be interested in what you do and think about things.
It's a bit sad I know but I work from home and as a small business person I don't have contact with many people day to day. (Talking to printers and suppliers is not that exciting I am sure you can imagine!). not like when I was managing an office so.. coming on forums like this is my morning chat at the coffee machine before I get started! and Blogs are me finding out about people lives, sort of like getting the gossip at dinnertime!
Anice x

Sparklez
24-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi Anice,

I can admit to being nosey :D and I do read the occasional blog, but there's only one that I keep going back to. I'm sure if I had more time it'd be something I'd take more interest in. (I do like to gossip to - but only in a good way!)

Take care
Carol

0103media
24-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I invited Funkyhand to guest blog on the articles site..

Was an amazing post..

Here it is http://articles.ukcraftwebsites.co.uk/2006/10/20/card-making-a-simple-guide/

We are adding articles almost every day.. We also inviting anyone to submit an article and once apporved your article will be LIVE!!!

I've invited some great craft bloggers whom some have agreed to post some great craft articles too !! look out!

jenig12
02-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Yep, I have a jewellery blog. Its where I post photos of bespoke jewellery items for customers to approve before buying. Sometimes I chitchat as well but don;t have much time for that.
its thebeadfactor.blogspot.com with http in front will be up to my 25 posts maybe by 2010!
Jen

handmadeheaven.biz
15-11-2006, 02:08 PM
At last, I've found other people who have set up craft blogs. I started mine last week and I would love to link to similar sites. I put cardmaking instructions on my blog as well as thoughts.

Please, please, please come along and have a look. Link in and add comments.
I can't submit a url but put www before the following

blog.craftfairy.co.uk

Yvonne

I'd be happy to add a link to your site on mine, and you to me. Let me know ;)

swirlyarts
15-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I've actually been thinking about setting up a blog on my site - do you think I've got enough to say?? That people might be interested in that is!

handmadeheaven.biz
15-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I've actually been thinking about setting up a blog on my site - do you think I've got enough to say?? That people might be interested in that is!
people love to know about other people's lives. it's human nature to be nosey! go for it! it'll keep your site updated for those search engines ;)

ejralph
16-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I witter on on my website on a semi-regular basis. Not sure if that counts as blogging or not, or do you need to use official blogging software to qualify these days :confused:

I don't always get it updated everyday - but usually two or three times a week and most often it is simply news about new beads I have made for sale or cool new products I have in. But I also prattle on about myself as well.

I have been astounded at how many people do read it though. Its nice because I think it helps me connect with my customers, and they in turn connect with me. It can be kinda lonely working alone all the time and so building up relationships with customers (many of who become friends) via a blog is great. I often get emails from people asking me about something or other they have read on my site.

Recently my kitties were not too well and I wrote about that. I was amazed how many folks just took the time to email me and ask how the cats were getting on. It was very touching.

Longwinded way of saying yey to blogs. :D

Sommerwood
18-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I have a blog facilituy on my website but haven't really used it so far, never really know what to say!! May start using it now though and see how I get on!

Funkyhand
18-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Everyone should give it a go! Blogging really is just like keeping a diary..but you don't let everyone read your diary of course! I enjoy putting bits and pieces on mine, and my blog is not the greatest I have ever read but I enjoy writing it and others come and read it. As Emma said it's a way of being in contact with other people and thats great.
Anice xx :D

Jane_Russell
30-11-2006, 05:53 AM
I've yet to find a blog I enjoy reading. I don't have a blog myself. I think a website provides a better return than a blog does; you can always put a bloggy type bit on your website if you want to :)

Jane

Funkyhand
30-11-2006, 09:37 AM
I have quiet a few bogs that I dip into regularly. They are all by people that are into the same things as me, card making, digital scrapbooking. designing but as someone else in the thread said earlier, when you work alone as I do, it is a way of keepng in contact with other like minded people and your customers. It's a modern way of being in contact and making connections with people all over the world. Just for that I find it interesting. Who would have thought a few years ago, just by sitting infront of your computer screen you could be in contact with people anywhere in the world. Makes me realise that we are all pretty much the same. Obviously it's personal choice if you want to take part but if you haven't tried it just take a look. Other peoples lives can be pretty interesting and in turn so can yours be to others!!
Anice x :)