PDA

View Full Version : Christmas themes

Seahorse
13-09-2006, 03:59 PM
If your buying christmas decors do you go by colour? Or other?

beadsbydesign
13-09-2006, 07:41 PM
seahorse.....I am shocked!!!!....... BUY christmas decs? I don't!!
I just buy tons and tons of gold spray!! I am really prescious about my decs. They are all based around a gold theme. I use plenty of greenery of which there is an abundance round here. loads of church candles, cones, berries and apples. The decs on my tree are all made by hand. I have salt dough, paper mache balls, Angel peg dolls, spice bags in red gingham with gold bows. The first year we were married we were on a really tight budget so we hacked a branch off a tree, stuffed it in a plant pot and sprayed oxo cube boxes, and toothpaste boxes etc gold, It looked very chic!!!
The children all have little trees in their bedrooms where they can allow their creative juices to flow.
talking about Christmas... I have been playing Nat king Coles christmas carols for a week now to give me the incentive to get started on Christmas cards and decs!!
What do the rest of you do to get into the mood?

Seahorse
14-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Your decor sounds like how my friend decorates her tree, its very traditional.
I merely asked as Im thinking of making some to sell, and I just needed to know what was the best way to go about it.

beadsbydesign
14-09-2006, 10:05 AM
what sort of things are you thinking of? we could start a thread for ideas for making decorations, cards etc. It would meka a great resource!!...... that's a job for you!!!

Seahorse
14-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I could tell you but then Id have to destroy you,mwohahahahhaha.
Just hangy things for the christmas tree with a bit of swarovski thrown in for added bling.

I shall start a Christmas thread.

Seahorse
14-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Forgot to say Ive just received a bead/finding catalogue in the post.Im gona sit back and dream for a while,aahhhh.

artymiss
16-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi Seahorse,

Christmas is a time when you can either choose to be very traditional (Red & Green), of follow a chosen colour theme and use it for your cards, wrapping, decoartions etc.

This year, the trend seems to be back to the traditional Red & Green, with touches of gold or silver, depending on your preference.

Seahorse
18-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Yep, Ive got some gold in the decors, at least Im along the right track.

Breda Hogan
18-09-2006, 11:28 AM
I think it depends on the house when I lived in an old 16century one I brought the garden into the house lots of green,red and touches of gold. But now I'm in a modern house and I like decorations to fit with the colour scheme of the room. White is always good and blends with all colours and don't be shy of blue has been quite popular in recent years!!

swirlyarts
21-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Only just catching up with threads cos we've been away - hence all the replies now!
I like blue and silver and tend to use those on my cards for christmas but it can look a little cold. Purple and gold go well together as do red/green and silver. I did see some decorations that were orange and gold but that was a little too much even for me!

Seahorse
21-09-2006, 01:32 PM
My friend has a white tree so she uses blue and silver, looks fab.
I looooove purple and gold.

Amberena
03-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Hi,

I am bead mad and love all the different colours and designs there are available for christmas. I tend to get creative with the seed beads and small glass beads.

Happy Crafting

Amberena.Com