PDA

View Full Version : Got a deal on ebay!

Funkyhand
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
I know I am going to sound an idiot but I have never tried to win an auction on ebay before yesterday. I have an ebay shop and have bought loads of craft stuff but never by auction. Anyway I had spotted some sizzix alphabars that I had looked at in a shop and wanted, but they were 80! Anyway to cut a long story short I bid in the auction for them (which saw Ian my partner and I jumping around like two excited children as we were in the lead etc..) I won them! I am well happy as they have only been used once, so good as new, and I only paid 33!
Now I can't wait for them to arrive... :D
Anice xx

swirlyarts
06-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Ebay is very addictive - be warned!!!

HollyR
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
im terrified of ebay - still not a member as im scared of how much debt ill end up in!! ;)

Seahorse
08-09-2006, 04:30 PM
hehe, well done funky.
Tho heed the above warning, it is very addictive.

Sticky Nicky
13-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I love love love ebay and i love love love getting bargains so i know how you feel but IT IS very addictive.

Getting good deals on my swarovski crystal beads is my fav buzz ............. how sad am i ??????????????????????????:o

Seahorse
13-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Ive bought big swar' beads from ebay and had to send them back as they were chipped, its now put me off.

Im looking for sterling silver findings if you know a good seller.

artymiss
16-09-2006, 10:42 PM
ebay is a great place to find craft bargains. As long as you use common sense, pay by a secure method such as PayPal and comminicate with the seller, you should be able to shop with complete confidence.

Amberena
03-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Hi,

I agree, ebay is very addictive and I love to try and hunt bargains.

Happy Crafting

Amberena

Amberena.Com

Bea
03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Ive bought big swar' beads from ebay and had to send them back as they were chipped, its now put me off.

Im looking for sterling silver findings if you know a good seller.

Be careful of buying Swarovski on ebay. If they were chipped, they were NOT Swarovski, but made in China. Swarovski actually don't want their names used on ebay as a lot of Chinese crystals are re-branded Swarovski when they are not. The lead content is different, therefore the quality is inferior, however, unnoticed to the untrained eye. Again if the holes are irregular, it's not Swarovski.
If you want to know more read this thread (http://ukbeaders.forumup.org/viewtopic.php?t=871&mforum=ukbeaders), especially the bit from Mark Frances.

As for Sterling Silver, there is an ebay seller I think called Shiana (Shianna?). She is in the US but has an excellent reputation.

Bea

Chloe
05-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Anice,

I know what you mean, its great when u win something on there. I sell lots of stuff on there too, my business does quite well because of eBay mostly.. Everyone loves a bargain don't they.

Chloe

Funkyhand
24-10-2006, 09:06 AM
I sell my Cd's on Ebay, I will look onto Ebid thanks for the tip.
Anice x :):)

Le Rayon de Cartes
24-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Congratulations on winning your first auction you'll be hooked now and spending more than you earn (if you don't already lol)