PDA

View Full Version : Just about to pay to get my soaps certified

juliemarley
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi all,
thankyou for the advice on certification, im just about to shell out the , to have mine done. I think its for the best, all round. I wouldnt buy something that wasnt safe would you.
Just had a look on ebay and its amazing how many people sell without saying if the product is certified or not, makes you think.
thanks once again for the advice.
:sm:

Linda60
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Good Luck.

Linda

:D:):D;):D

greannancrafts
09-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Trust me, it is scary when you see what is for sale out there.

My advice would be never ever buy soaps, without an ingredient listing, batch number or contact address/website.

Continental/French markets are some of the worst offenders, at craft fairs sometimes it is out of ignorance.

Buyer beware

Jane

ElaineJ
09-04-2009, 08:59 PM
There's a person selling at large fairs along the borders - labels conspicuous by their absence and always a crowd of people round oooing and ahing as the soaps are well presented.

I spoke to a seller of goatsmilk soaps(certified and labelled) in the craft tent at Onslow Park steam rally (where this person was also) who said she'd had words in the past and had a very sharp response!!

greannancrafts
09-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Yesterday, I was at an event, EHO and TS came round, 2 foody guys had to close down their stall as they didn't comply with regs.

They checked my paperwork thoroughly, even when you know everything is in order, you still worry ( I bit like when a police car is behind you on the motorway:) - everything was fine.

These guys do work at week ends, and go to craft fairs - one day - one day:)

Jane

Soap_for_breakfast
13-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi all,
thankyou for the advice on certification, im just about to shell out the , to have mine done. I think its for the best, all round. I wouldnt buy something that wasnt safe would you.
Just had a look on ebay and its amazing how many people sell without saying if the product is certified or not, makes you think.
thanks once again for the advice.
:sm:

How much was the certificate? I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm very curious

greannancrafts
14-04-2009, 02:21 AM
It depends who you go with and sometimes on the formulation.
Anywhere between 150 - 300.
Be careful of people you try to get you to tie into buying ingredients from them, it can work out expensive.

Jane

Soap_for_breakfast
14-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks for letting me know:)

How long does it take for them to assess and hand out the cert?

greannancrafts
14-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Sorry to sound vague, but it all depends on who you use.
Some can take quite a few weeks.

Jane

Soap_for_breakfast
24-04-2009, 09:23 AM
If you got your soap assessed and certified using a certain brand of E/O from a certain supplier and then all of a sudden they moved or you wanted to source from somewhere else....would you have to get your soap re-assessed or could you just inform the assessors and not have to pay for the whole thing again?

greannancrafts
24-04-2009, 09:28 AM
If you got your soap assessed and certified using a certain brand of E/O from a certain supplier and then all of a sudden they moved or you wanted to source from somewhere else....would you have to get your soap re-assessed or could you just inform the assessors and not have to pay for the whole thing again?

It is your formula that is assessed, not where you get it from.
So long as you get MSDs from your supplier, that's fine

Jane

Soap_for_breakfast
24-04-2009, 09:40 AM
oh cool, thank you for that information:D