View Full Version : Crockery designs help

28-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I have recently started working with polymer clay and making miniatures for dolls houses. My favourite things to make are dinner sets and and tea/coffee sets.

But I always feel stuck when it comes to painting them. Does anyone know where I can find some nice ornate designs for crockery? I really like the old traditional designs but haven't been able to find too many online.

Or does anyone else have any nice ideas I could get some inspiration from?

Thank you,

28-03-2009, 12:21 AM

28-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Thank you goldy1 for your super quick reply! I looked at google images already but found a lot of them too complex for painting onto miniatures. I have tried to simplify a few of them but they ended up being dots and lines :(

I'm not a very good painter which is why I was asking if anyone knows where I can find simple patterns.

Thanks again,

28-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Sorry, this wasn't clear from my first post!

28-03-2009, 10:41 AM
You could always do geometric designs reminiscent of the art deco period, they would be simple to do I'm sure.

28-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Roses were always popular, maybe you could paint them in the bargeware style. If you use softer colours they would look more like ordinary roses.
Like Melanie says, the art deco would be nice, or some clarice cliff style.

28-03-2009, 11:52 AM
The Dolls House Emporium do Clarice Cliff style tea services. They're very basic designs but so of the time.

28-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Thank you for all your great ideas. I love the bargeware and clarice cliff style, and I hadn't thought of them before. I also love the art deco period idea. I googled for images and found some lovely designs with clean lines that looked not too difficult to do.

I have 6 unpainted dinner sets and I can't wait to get cracking on them tonight with these ideas!

28-03-2009, 01:22 PM
How about blue and white striped Cornish wear also I remember from the 60's white tea sets with black polka dots on them but you could do them in any colour you like

Alice x

28-03-2009, 01:22 PM
have a look at http://www.replacements.com/ they have photos of thousands of old china designs