PDA

View Full Version : Stamping and Glitter

tracyjack
31-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi ,

just new to crafting( about 2 months). I want to use glitter when im stamping but dont know what i need or how to start.

can anyone help me pls??:confused:

Seahorse
31-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Hmm, Im sure there is a type of glue you can put on the stamp, stamp it on the paper then sprinkle the glitter on.But really not sure on that.

I think the alternative is embossing.
Using clear embossing ink, stamp the picture, sprinkle on glittery heat powder then using a heat gun, melt it.

Argoss sell a heat gun, clear ink and 2 metallic powders for 20.

liz15a
31-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi there

there are 2 main ways to add glitter to your stamped project.

You can use a glitter glue (come in squeezable bottles or pens) which when applied go on like a glue with glitter in, then when dry the glue disappears and you are left with just the glitter wherever you put it.

The other way is to buy separate glue and glitter. The important thing to buy is glue that dries clear. Also buying a metal fine tip applicator is recommended which fits on the end of the glue bottle so the glue come out very fine and exactly where you want it. You then sprinkle your glitter over the top and shake off the excess (make sure you have something to catch it on underneath so you can easily pour it back into its pot - paper with a crease in is the easiest way).

I personally recommend separate glue and glitter for a more professional finish - and ultra fine glitter is the best too.

Hope that helps out a bit!

tracyjack
01-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi,

Thank you so much for your help. Having a look at your shop just now

Tracy :)