PDA

View Full Version : Were Can I Get Cheap Beads, Please

ERICA
23-07-2006, 10:11 PM
HI, :D

I AM NEW TO BEAD MAKING. WERE CAN I BUY CHEAP BEADS FROM?
HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY EASY DESIGNS?

MANY THANKS, ERICA:confused:

beadsbydesign
23-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi Erica
it depends what you are looking for.
I have bead mixes that are bags of mixed beads. They are very resonably priced. There are some good bargains on ebay too but you need to check out the postage rates.

Sticky Nicky
26-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I would suggest ebay too, there is a lady i deal with who is great and she has free p&p her ebay id is EMACKI

Craft Chick
17-11-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree, it really depends on what sort you are after. There is a site called jillybeads that I use which has good mixes at reasonable prices, it also has quite a good variety.

Or go for a browse around charity shops and find old necklaces with good beads to cut up and restring into something else if you're just starting out and don't want to spend too much money? I'm not sure what sort of thing is out there to be honest, but it's got to be worth a try!

swirlyarts
21-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Or go for a browse around charity shops and find old necklaces with good beads to cut up and restring into something else if you're just starting out and don't want to spend too much money? I'm not sure what sort of thing is out there to be honest, but it's got to be worth a try!

That is what my sister does!! You can also get some good deals on last seasons necklaces from Primark - they go to half price so about 50p. My sister also cuts these up and re-uses all the beads - a great idea if you are skint!!

carolinemhannon
21-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Jilly beads are fantastic, and Homebeads are quite good as well

it all depends on what kind of beads you want

Seahorse
21-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Jilly beads are fantastic, and Homebeads are quite good as well

Couldnt agree with you more.
I may have put an order into Jilly today, tumteetumteetum.

Jane_Russell
21-11-2006, 06:11 PM
That is what my sister does!! You can also get some good deals on last seasons necklaces from Primark - they go to half price so about 50p. My sister also cuts these up and re-uses all the beads - a great idea if you are skint!!

I do that too. I bought a broken string of jet beads for 1.00 in a boot sale and was going to do something with them but never got round to it. Bagged them up into lots and sold on ebay and made about 20 :p

Jane
ps. it was a very long string ... several originally I imagine lol

Craft Chick
22-11-2006, 11:40 AM
What is home beads? I have never heard of those?

Jane_Russell
22-11-2006, 12:47 PM
What sort of beads are you looking for? I've found nice beads on ebay but unless you know exactly what you want, it's easy to end up with a bunch of lovely beads you can't use.

Jane

Bebebubu
25-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi I've bought a lot of beads from eBay especially through auction rather the buy it now. Also at the moment a few sites are doing sale so worth checking them out. E.g. Empirebead and bead direct (for Swarovski crystal) hope it help.

kesquilant
25-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi
I've bought lots of beads on ebay but sometimes the quality can be poor, I also use totallybeads as they are reasonable prices & good quality! Im off to investigate Jillys beads now though, enjoy your jewellery making :)

ayliss
22-12-2011, 09:47 AM
I think you probably need to find cheap beads at eBay and Etsy, they are two main online beads websites. Good Luck.

yogi77
26-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi,
I usually buy beads from craft/jewelery bead fairs or store where I can actually see the quality of a bead. I tried ebay but its very difficult to trust the colour and the quality by the pictures. There are so many composite beads instead of real ones. My experience in ebay is 50-50.
Yogy

daniellesdogs
05-01-2012, 09:31 PM
to get a bunch of starter beads and finings ebay worldwide is great get the bits you need for pennies but can take some time to get to you.

The Jewellers' Hut
05-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Burhouse have a great selection.