PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Lavender Dryer Bags

Neesey
28-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I found this on a tips site and though it would be good to share. It could use a bit twicking like I would use velcro or a zipper that I had taken out of something I was cutting up for patch work, but the idea is a really good one. With everyone trying to save the planet and going natural I think it would sell good at the fairs and would be cheep to make selling in packs of maybe 3.

PS I also read on this site that if you want static free clothes without fabric softner use 1/4 cup of vinger in your rinse cycle.....

How To Make Lavender Dryer Bags

Materials Needed:
5″ x 5″ cotton muslin or cheesecloth squares (2)
Thread
Lavender

Directions:

Sew large “tea bags” out of the muslin or cheesecloth squares, leaving an opening at the top to fill with lavender. Sew the top shut. No need to sew fancy, just place the squares together and sew a single seam along the top about 1/4″ from the edge.
Roughly squeeze the bags before tossing in the dryer with wet laundry. When laundry is done the scent is light, not overwhelming at all. Especially nice to use on loads of bedding (sweet, fragrant dreams).
Bags are reusable! When the lavender is no longer doing its job, take a seam ripper and open about 2″ on one end, empty the bag, refill and sew shut. For one last kick at the can, crush the used lavender and toss it around your carpet. Let sit for about an hour then vacuum.
Tip: Make more than one dryer bag so that the same bag isn’t in one load after another, alternate them so each bag has a chance to cool down before being used again.

autumn rose
28-02-2009, 01:36 PM
I like the idea of getting one final use out of your old lavender...shake & vac it! :mf:

Thanks for that post, the static info was good to know too. :D

ElaineJ
28-02-2009, 04:51 PM
If you're buying lavender (either plants or dried) look for the variety Grosso, it has the most powerful fragrance - it's actually Lavendul x intermedia and is the one from which Lavandin essential oil is extracted.

Neesey
28-02-2009, 07:50 PM
If you're buying lavender (either plants or dried) look for the variety Grosso, it has the most powerful fragrance - it's actually Lavendul x intermedia and is the one from which Lavandin essential oil is extracted.
Thnaks for letting us know which one has the most fragrance.I knew that all lavanders are not the same but would have had to google to find out which one.I plan to buy a few plants this spring to put in my new garden:mf:.