PDA

View Full Version : Who is familiar with the "ANGEL POLICY" on selling cards

ninabena
14-06-2006, 10:43 PM
I have just been informed that it is not allowed to use die cuts for cards which will be offered on the internet.
Did a bit of a research in this area and am bumping into this patent right policy a lot.

I am in need of a Die-Cutting machine with a diameter of 10 cm (= 4")
for reproducing a totally different shape than the circle itself.
Can I be sued for this???

Thanks in advance,
Ninabena

Seahorse
15-06-2006, 10:25 AM
I dont think so.

If you are producing/selling your own shape then it will be fine.
If it were illegal it would be like being slung into jail for using a brand name pair of scissors to cut something out.

But thats just my opinion.
I did some research into using pictures for my work and got mightily confused.

Patch Corner Crafts
20-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi
I'm not at home so can't quote the angel policy exactly. But it basically says you can only sell die cuts to a local market unless you have permission. I sell thousands of die cuts to people making cards to sell or making kits to sell and have had no come back. I personnally think Sizzix like the free publicity of people selling their die cuts. They told me 2 years ago that they were cracking down on people selling on ebay so I moved to an Accuucut machine which has no ANGEL or copyright restrictions. I can cut and sell Accucut shapes as much as I like. Plus I think the Accucut shapes are much better than Sizzix, I have even started designing my own shapes now which I hold the copyright for.

So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.