PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Tiger tail problem

madaboutbeads
05-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi There I joined today and I am having a problem. I brought lots of tiger tail from a shop and it has been wrapped up in a bag, however when I come to use it is to curly and wont hang right.

Can you twll me if any of you have tips on how to straighten it out before crimping it as I don't want to waste all the lovely colours I used.

Joanne

Fran
06-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Why was it wrapped up in a bag, it usually comes on it's own roll. hmmmm

Cut the lengths that you know you'll need and hang them with a weight at the botton, that sould straighten it out for you. That's one of the reasons I won't use Tigertail.
Good Luck

Bea
06-06-2006, 09:30 PM
I am the same, now I tried Soft Flex, I'll never use tigertail again.

There's a new brand of soft wire coming into the market called Star Flex. I've been waiting for the price list for nearly a week now so I am not sure if it will be worth having since I already stock soft flex, but I'll let you know.

Fran
06-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Interesting! Is that a different manufacturer from Soft Flex?

I am the same, now I tried Soft Flex, I'll never use tigertail again.

There's a new brand of soft wire coming into the market called Star Flex. I've been waiting for the price list for nearly a week now so I am not sure if it will be worth having since I already stock soft flex, but I'll let you know.

Craft Cellar
06-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Tiger tail is good but has a horrible tendency to kink and once it has there is no way out. Soft flex is a much easier option I agree.

Bea
07-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Hi Fran

Yes it is, a new competitor to Soft Flex but they are soooo slow at getting the info to me.... They sent me a couple of reels and it's just like soft flex. It's manufacturerd in Germany but I have to order from the US (if and when I get the pricing info!). I think they're busy getting the word out and planning their advertising. It seems it might only be marginally cheaper than Soft Flex though.

Bea