PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected source of craft tools - Proops!

Scorch
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
It ocured to me the other day that a tools company I've used for years & years might be passing you by - Proops Brothers. They sell all sorts of tools and such, and can be found at all sorts of engineering shows & suchlike, and their prices are really very good. Much, much cheaper than a hobby shop.

I know for a fact that they sell weeny pliers and cutters and benders, and mini drills and mini screwdrivers and storage boxes with clear-topped mini pots in (ideal for beads) and magnifiers and vices and guillotines and sanding-shapes and silver, gold & copper wire and knives and mount-cutters and weird sorts of scissors... 'cos I've bought all those things there! And they sell special-usage jewellers tools and candlemakers stuff, too.

They have a site here : http://www.proopsbrothers.com/
Though to be honest, their catalogue is a better bet, as it's really worth browsing through everything they have - you'll be surprised at what you find!
On EBay, they're seller "spoorp", too...

autumn rose
12-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for that... I will take a look :D

mizgeorge
12-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Proops are an excellent source of cheaper silversmithing/jewellery making tools - OK quality too.

Scorch
12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
And they're nice, helpful people, too. They've brought stuff specially for me to events, and things like that...

krafty1
12-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks, having a good look round now.

You don't happen to know where abouts on their website I can find out which events they'll be going to around the country do you? I can't seem to see it anywhere.

I wanted to order something to see what it looks like before I order a lot and the 4.50 p&p is putting me off.

Scorch
13-02-2009, 12:46 PM
No, I don't - but if you drop them an email or call them, they'll happily tell you, I'm sure...

krafty1
13-02-2009, 03:31 PM
ok will do thanks :)

And thanks for the link to the website.

rainbowcentral
02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
they look quite good, thanks for the heads up :D

Leisure Time Collection
08-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Oooo looks like they have something for everyone, well worth a look. *gets out my honey do list and writes down a list of must have items*

For those of you who don't know what a honey do list is, it's a list you give to your OH it can have anything on there that needs doing or purchasing.

In case your OH asks the Honey Do List was in the fine print on the back of marriage licence. lol

sharon
09-10-2009, 07:40 PM
I've just had a look at the price of their forceps which I'll be using for stuffing dolls & they're about a third of the price I've just paid from a doll supply site!!

Grrrrrr!!! :mad:

Moonbeam Angel
09-10-2009, 08:17 PM
My dad found them on ebay and we ordered an item from them. really great sellers!

Equus Leather
19-10-2009, 01:13 PM
A good link, thanks!

IzzyBee
02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Oooo looks like they have something for everyone, well worth a look. *gets out my honey do list and writes down a list of must have items*

For those of you who don't know what a honey do list is, it's a list you give to your OH it can have anything on there that needs doing or purchasing.

In case your OH asks the Honey Do List was in the fine print on the back of marriage licence. lol

Haha I love this! I'll keep it in mind, I'm sure that it'll be useful on many occasions ;)

I've heard of Proops before, saw a few things that I wanted but wasn't too sure on the quality. But now they've been recommended I think I'll order the few bits and pieces I want :)

Scorch
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Glad this is useful. They've always been great for everything I've wanted...