PDA

View Full Version : Gift Boxes

Trinity
17-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Does anyone on here make or supply gift boxes big enough for jewellery - necklaces or bracelets?

At the moment I use organza bags but I have made some chunkier items that I think would look better presented in a box.

If no-one does this, can anyone recommend someone? There are loads on e-bay but I would rather have word of mouth, so I know what I am getting.

Cheers!

Seahorse
17-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Ive not bought any but try pj minerals.

raspberrybloom
17-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I use www.packagingworld.co.uk

Looks like the have changed the colours though. I have nice pastel shades.

Hope that helps,

Lou

swirlyarts
17-05-2006, 08:58 PM
I know that hobbycraft make some that are ready to decorate so if you fancy doing that then give them a try - I don't know how much they are though.
Lynsey

candlemakermaggie
04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Ive no idea, but just wanted to wave :)

indri
26-01-2007, 03:31 PM
You could use old greetings cards to make boxes. Just cut in half along the fold, and then using a ruler mark the centre by going diagonally along the back of each card half.

Use the back half as the base and fold each of the 4 sides to the centre. Cut from the shorter edges along the creases to where they intersect the other creases. Fold the edges upwards along the creases and tuck the "cut" sections on the inside on the short edge and glue. Fold the top part of the short edge over the other bits (your inside "cut" sections) and glue. You can always use a paper clip to hold it all in place while the glue dries. I reccommend PVA.

Do the same with the top (front) half, but don't do the folds all the way to the centre - just leave about 2-3mm spare so it can fit on as a lid.

I'm hoping this makes sense. You could always use plain card or pretty card from the craft shops instead if you prefer.

I have made pillow boxes in the past as well, but need to look up the construction of them. I hope my description is clear enough. I know it would make more sense with pictures and my powers of description are not brill... if you have any left over Christmas cards knocking about you can have a go without spending any money!