PDA

View Full Version : New Business Support in East Anglia

nattynetty
04-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Found out the following info today that might interest some of you fellow East Anglians...

The EEDA (East of England Development Agency) has just announced a new project called 'Enterprising Women' which should be going live next month. It's aimed at supporting women who have businesses or want to start a business and will offer "Free support and training programmes for women entrepreneurs" along with other support such as financial information and an online community.

Have a look on www.enterprising-women.org (http://www.enterprising-women.org) to find out more

0103media
04-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Found out the following info today that might interest some of you fellow East Anglians...

Only if your female :(

This is liberation gone crazy lol

nattynetty
04-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Sexist I know but hey you won't see me complaining about this one :)

Seahorse
04-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Only if your female :(

This is liberation gone crazy lol

Just talk in a high voice and Im sure youll pass.
It worked for the Monty Python guys.

0103media
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM
It worked for the Monty Python guys.
Wasn't that the other way around.. oh hold on .. it was men trying to be women who were trying to be men :D

The stoning..

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1014194/MontyPythonsLifeofBrian-photo_08_hires.jpg

Seahorse
04-05-2006, 04:36 PM
There you go, thats you in the middle.

0103media
04-05-2006, 04:45 PM
There you go, thats you in the middle.
How did you know I have a beard ? :eek:

Seahorse
04-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Ive got one and we are very similar.

beadsbydesign
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Women in business movements are great. There is a lot of funding available through Europe. You need to be careful how you present your business though as they tend to be geared towards business to business rather then business to client/ end user.
I got and still get a lot of support from Yorkshire forward and business link. Initially when I started out with them I was still doing Interior Design. When I began with the bead and finding selling I said i was marketing to small jewellery and craft businesses. You need to think creatively.
I've had some really delicious meals/ buffets at their events too!!!!

lab
05-05-2006, 12:07 PM
thanks for that netty
very useful
Lois